Quake 4’s head tracking

Homepage Forums Technical Support Quake 4’s head tracking

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vintager
    Participant

Quake 4 used to track OK. Now the weapon keeps shifting all over the place, and I have to re-center all the time.

Also, after opening the vorpX settings with DEL and closing them, head tracking switches off completely, i.e. I can’t turn my head at all. The only solution is to reset the game profile.

vintager
    Participant

Any insights here?

vintager
    Participant

DirectVR scan seems to fix the disabled head tracking after DEL issue, but the weapon is still all over the place.

vintager
    Participant

Okay, it was the positional tracking that was, for some reason, switched on by default.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Instead of disabling positional tracking you can also recenter the head tracking (from the vorpX menu or with ALT+SPACE). That will reset the camera position to where it is normally without losing positinal tracking.

vintager
    Participant

Thank you, Ralf! Is there a way to bind camera reset to a controller button?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Binding ALT+SPACE to one of the controller buttons should do the trick. I would’t really waste a controller button for that though. There is a ‘Center Tracking’ button on the main page of the vorpX ingame menu. Since normally you won’t really have to reset the tracking very often, that makes more sense than using a dedicated controller button.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!