Quest3+vorpX+3080 OK for non-native VR games?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Quest3+vorpX+3080 OK for non-native VR games?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bedemead
    Participant

I’m new to modern VR but used to use old-style stuff with passive glasses with 3rd party software to play DirectX games. I want to play with stuff again, but I’m concerned that there won’t be enough VR games to keep me entertained, and I want to be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 & Baldur’s Gate 3 right away.

I have about a $1000 budget for this.

I currently have a Gen-12 i7 w/ 64gb ram and a 3080 FE video card.

My current plan is to get a Meta Quest 3 ($600) + Quest Link Cable ($80) + vorpX

Will this more or less do what I want do you think? I appreciate whatever guidance folks can offer.

luka2099
    Participant

then it’s fine. but consider purchasing the cable. because first of all it works very well without any problems with wifi! and you can also consider getting the used quest2, with 150 dollars you should be able to get by. so you can see the performance of vorpx before spending 600 dollars. the cable you can also use a compatible one for 20 dollars if you really want to use the cable

willkiel66
    Participant

You should be able to play it just as well using airlink. I haven’t used the link cable for a couple of years now. And games are so much more immersive without the cable. If your not happy then get a £20 cable. Mine just takes up (lots of) space on the shelf.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I disagree. Get the cable, not the overpriced one from Oculus, there are plenty of compatible cables to choose from. Airlink is laggy and doesn’t have enough bandwidth to play some games at a decent resolution – a 3Gb cable can carry 2-3 times more data, and that’s assuming you don’t have conflicting wifi signals in the area.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!