Question about Fallout NV HUD layer…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Question about Fallout NV HUD layer…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Karlor
    Participant

Hi,
    Can you make an option to where the HUD layer also “tilts” diagonally with the head tracking? Essentially “unlocking” the HUD layer.

I am working on a mod for a mod. The mod is Project Nevada. If you don’t know about it, it’s an extensive mod for Fallout NV that adds a lot of cool stuff and game play changes. One of them is a visor overlay for different helmets such as power armor. The ones it comes with are much too large for when in a VR environment. I have figured the sizing part out and I have it “shrunk” down so you can use it in the Rift. It’s really cool how much it makes you feel like your in a set of power armor.

The problem is that when you tilt your head diagonally the visor overlay is part of the HUD layer (I think) so it doesn’t tilt with your head. I know its not a priority but it mite be a cool option for other games too, and it would make this twice as cool.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if the HUD handling that vorpX uses for Fallout would allow that currently, might or might not be the case. Shoot me a mail sometime next week, and I’ll check whether that would at least be theoretically possible.

Karlor
    Participant

Ok sounds good.
    One more question, is the HUD on it’s own plain? What I mean is does it have it’s own flat polygonal mesh? The reason I ask is if it does then I could mod the mesh to be an actual 3D interior for your head to be in. As it is now the visor overlays are flat so maybe I could texture map them to a new 3D HUD. Anyway just an idea I had and thought you mite know some about it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX does not access the HUD as geometry, that would be something that you have to do in your mod.

Karlor
    Participant

Ok I will look into it, ask around in the nexus forums or something. Thanks for the heads up.

For those interested i have a basic version of the mod up on nexus:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58671/?
    Its pretty basic now but I’ll keep improving on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!