Question about Fallout NV Pip-Boy…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Question about Fallout NV Pip-Boy…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Karlor
    Participant

I have been tuning Fallout NV in with the new updates features and I noticed something. I’m wondering is everyone’s Pip-Boy screen locked in the upper left hand part of the screen? I have an insane amount of mods on so who knows if its from that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never noticed that, most Fallout work was done in FO3. Probably a side effect of the HUD handling. I’ll take a look at it, but this may not be solvable without sacrificing the HUD scaling.

Karlor
    Participant

If it is dependent on something like that maybe make it an option? HUD Scaling may not be an issue depending on what mods someone may be using. It could be from my current mods too. Not a biggy.

Ralf
    Keymaster

OK, confirmed. Not a mod issue. Odd that noone reported that so far. Probably not fixable though without sacrificing HUD-scaling, as I thought.

Karlor
    Participant

Is there any way you could make scaling an option? If toggling the scaling will make it function more like this pip-boy:

Then I would be all about that. Its an old video of some guy messing around in Fallout VR and the Pip-Boy screen “stays” with the in game pip-boy. Might be easier to navigate at least for this game. The adjustment of the UI is great for games that don’t have a modding community dont get me wrong, I love the feature. Fallout/Skyrim have a bunch of crazies modding them all the time and UI/HUD mods aplenty, so in this instance maybe the scaling isn’t as critical? The pip boy thing is about the last thing for Fallout then Id say it’s perfect for a VR experience.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Does the same thing happen when you leave the UI scale and depth at 1.0? This is actually the same as disabling it.

Karlor
    Participant

Ok I gave it a shot setting them both to 1 and still the same pipboy screen location. VorpX 8 must of changed it some, it was floating before. It was still a bit of a pain then but the it was easier. Any way I’ll keep trying settings just to see if I can get it to change.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!