Technical question about headtracking and gamepad (Ralf?)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Technical question about headtracking and gamepad (Ralf?)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MarcDwonn
    Participant

I just saw a Paradise Decay video about God Of War in vorpX, and he explained that he disabled head tracking (=mouse) in vorpX settings to get the DualSense controller to work.

I expected that the screen will be locked to his vision, but he still could move his head in front of the Immersive Screen.

That tells me (contrary to my beliefs) that mouse-based headtracking is only used inside the game, but not for the looking around in front of the Immersive Screen (can’t word it better, sorry).

If this is true: where is this setting located in the in-game menu? I remember trying to disable mouse in the past for playing with gamepad, but that locked the screen to my head!

MarcDwonn
    Participant

Ah, never mind, i found it! I disabled headtracking, and then disabled “override x-box gamepad” (or some such). Now i got back my gamepad right stick, and some of the controls of The Witcher 3, exclusive to the right stick, are finally accessible.

This solves one of my biggest gripes with vorpX: that i couldn’t use my gamepad natively. But i was wrong, obviously.

I hope that someday we’ll get a full documentation, with every single setting properly explained. That would prevent much confusion. :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!