question about mk11 (future) and injustice 2

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion question about mk11 (future) and injustice 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    buckjohnston
    Participant

I noticed that MKXL has perfect geometry 3D and looks very good. I tried the same profile on injustice 2 though and it looks very flat and only has z-buffer 3d. I have heard Injustice 2 and the new Mortal Kombat 11 coming in april use UE4.

My question: I have tried a few vorpx UE4 profile for injustice 2 and none of them seem to work. My question for ralph is.. do you think we might get support for Injustice 2 and MK11? I have to admit that MKX looks pretty badass in vorpx and I couldn’t even imagine MK11 because it looks like next-level graphics.

Would be incredible with a camera mod like MKXL has. Is there any technical reason why Injustice 2 won’t work?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If Wikipedia is right, the game is based not UE3 not UE4. Might be worth a shot to try a UE3 DX11 profile. There aren’t many of them, Bioshock Infinite would be a potential candidate.

In general: there are many iterations of Unreal Engine, even within the same version. Especially larger studios tend to do a lot of custom programming, so not every game based on Unreal Engine behaves like the ‘pure’ Unreal Engine.

I have Injustice/Injustice 2 in my Steam library. Will take a look at them after the next vorpX is out. Not really ideal VR candidates, but there is a distinct lack of ‘beat ’em up’ game profiles anyway. As always no promises though.

buckjohnston
    Participant

Thanks a lot. That would be really great. I will look into this more, no luck with UE3 profiles either though (bioshock infinite). Only Z-buffer 3d. The thing I like about MKXL is I can force the larger 3d fov in your setting, and set the screen really close and it fills a very large portion of my vision. Works really well and perfect 3d.

Side note, I was extremely impressed by harley quinn’s facial animations in Injustice 2. Would be cool to see it in geometry 3D as all of the cutscenes are realtime rendered.

buckjohnston
    Participant

Edit: I had a side question but decided to make separate post for it as it’s long.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!