question about sharing profiles with G3D Shader Authoring

Homepage Forums Technical Support question about sharing profiles with G3D Shader Authoring

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    drhouse
    Participant

I recently wrote a post on a game’s Steam forum letting people know that I managed to get the game working in 3D VR with VorpX. Two of the game’s developers asked me to share the profile so they can try it themselves. I’ve uploaded profiles to the Cloud library before, but this is the first time I used G3D Shader Authoring to ‘Hide’ certain shaders. I did see some forum posts here on the subject, but not about sharing. So, when sharing this profile on the cloud, do I need to do anything extra so the shaders stay hidden when someone else tries it? If I use the ‘Add To Active’ button, then hide it, does the shader stay permanently hidden while sharing?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s supposed to. Just in case: you have to use the OK&SAVE button in the shader menu. Just hitting OK won’t save the definitions.

If you are sure you did that:

There was one report earlier that apparently shader definitions sometimes aren’t stored correctly. If that happened to you (sounds a bit like it), please let me know which game and profile is affected and I’ll check whether I can replicate the issue. That would help me tremendously.

luka2099
    Participant

What game have upload profiles?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!