Question about SteamVR SS setting

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Question about SteamVR SS setting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jarilo
    Participant

Hello, loving VorpX.

I guess I am a little confused about the global SteamVR Super-sampling setting when pertaining to VorpX. Does the SS setting apply to all games hooked by VorpX? I seem to not have any effect and even smashed the SS setting down to .20 to see and the 3 games I tried looked identical. Interestingly the VorpX menu resolution was effected but not the game in Mass Effect. I’m curious if there is a way to hook games from Origins for example as well, since there is no SteamVR?

/Jarilo

Ralf
    Keymaster

The important setting for vorpX is the resolution you run a game with, not the SteamVR supersampling, which only comes into play in a second step when the already rendered game image is sent to the headset. This is quite different from how native apps work.

If you want to raise the image quality, don’t mess with SteamVR, raise the resolution of the game. For many games vorpX can handle that with its DirectVR feature, otherwise you typically want a 4:3 res for FullVR (unless you have a Pimax 5K/8K) and a widescreen res for cinema/immersive screen mode.

I’d also highly recommend to check the ‘Custom Resolutions’ section in the vorpX help that explains how to add resolutions to your PC that it does not support yet.

Jarilo
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I am already doing those things. I was just confirming that it is having no impact. Appreciate it much.

Minabe
    Participant

Hey Ralf, while we’re at it can you tell me how/if it’s possible to change the “native” resolution and what it is/does? No matter what i do it’s locked on 1080p and when i try to change it to 1440p or any other it gives me an error, even if i set the resolution of the game to 1440p.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the game has DirectVR resolution support (indicated by an according message in the top left corner of the game window), you can change the resolution on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu.

You also might want to add resolutions to your PC that it doesn’t support yet. How to do that is explained in the “Custom resolutions” section of the vorpX help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!