Race Driver: Grid DK2

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Race Driver: Grid DK2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    marcusd
    Participant

Managed to get this working pretty well on the DK2, using geometry 3d mode. Had to use letterbox mode to achieve a better in car FOV but worked just fine. Using Open track for head tracking / positional tracking. If anyone needs help setting this one up let me know. Ran in to some difficulties with setting the resolution to 1920×1080 but turns out this was a problem with GRID not reading my graphics cards information correctly, tweaked an .ini file and worked like a charm. Really impressed with how well this one works with vorpX – great job Ralf.

Thanks,
    Marcus.

tonyvn
    Participant

Can you give details on the .ini file you edited?

I find that I’m stuck on older resolutions for my graphics.

marcusd
    Participant

sure yep its C:\Program Files (x86)\Codemasters\GRID\system\hardware_settings_restrictions.xml

near the bottom there is a section looks like this, change it to these settings

<data>
    <res mem=”4096″ maxWidth=”1920″ />
    </data>

good luck

th3mute
    Participant

Could you possibly explain to me how to get Opentrack running?
    I’ve downloaded the Windows binaries from Dropbox, but somehow I’m missing the part (in my brain) that explains how to run/install it…
    Cheers!
    Chris

th3mute
    Participant

Ignore my last post – I got it up and running…
    Cheers.

th3mute
    Participant

Seems like I have everything going now, resolution (via the .ini file), head tracking, etc…

However I now have the problem that it is split in to two screens on both eyes of the rift. It happened when I first pressed middle mouse and now every time I press middle mouse to go back to normal/rift view, it takes me out of the game and when I alt-tab to return to it, it’s still/back on 2 screens…

I’ve tried resetting it in the VorpX troubleshooter but it didn’t change things.

Thanks for any help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!