Rage default profile

Homepage Forums Technical Support Rage default profile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    slydk1982
    Participant

Hi Ralf :)

I made a profile for Rage for about 9 months ago and it worked pretty well.
    But a vr streamer made me believe that if I downloaded vorpx default profile, it would play in g3d.
    I found out it was a lie, coz it overwrited my profile.
    I then wanted to get my own profile again, but I can´t delete the default profile and I can´t add Rage.exe to my own profile coz vorpx says that exe file is already used. How do I go about that??

I then have made a new profile based on the default profile (also in the cloud now) and this one is really good if you follow my instructions.
    Play Rage in 1280×1024 in window mode. Then put +set g_fov 120 in the launcherpromt on steam and you are good to go :)
    I have sharpened the picture and buffed the colors and it looks and play extreme well :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

The ‘official’ Rage cloud profile is really just an experimental profile that accidentally up in the cloud. The best way to remove it is doing a full factory reset in the config app.

slydk1982
    Participant

Okay, but if I do a full factory reset, will I not then loose my other custom profiles??
    It not a problem now when I made my new awesome profile :) You should try it ;)

RJK_
    Participant

@slydk1982
    I thought Id Tech 5 that Rage is using isnt supported ? How did you bring 3D into that game ?

slydk1982
    Participant

@RJK_
    Its not supported and my profile is not in G3D sadly :( But with the resolution I recommend and the fov “hack-command”, its a pretty good profile I made for Rage. You should try it :)
    There is a profile in the could that says its in G3D, but it does not work at all. It crashes after the intro.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Okay, but if I do a full factory reset, will I not then loose my other custom profiles??

Two options:

1. Upload your custom profiles to the cloud and get them back from there.

2. Save your custom profiles to your PC by dragging them from the local profiles list to the desktop and then restore them later by dragging the exported file back into the list.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!