Ralf, a suggestion on outsourcing…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Ralf, a suggestion on outsourcing…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Good work and all with the many games available, but you should really consider outsourcing some of the game conversions to some other devs.
    To me, VorpX fills this huge void right now, with good VR games taking forever to come out. You have the market cornered and drooling for good content. If you could fast track new games, you could really exploit this situation and bring in a lot more interest, before VR games have a chance to fill in the gap over the next couple of years.
    Going forward, tons of new games which are not VR could be adapted. I realize that not all are technically possible, but I’m sure many,many are.
    A major rule in business is to pounce on things when the iron is hot. I can’t help but feel that the “one man show” will end up hurting VorpX, and it may be left in the dust.
    You have something amazing here. Don’t waste it away. Maybe you already realize this and have your reasons.
    Just my 2 cents.

markbradley1982
    Participant

I agree with OP. I’d love to see VorpX updated more frequently.

Is there anyway for you to develop some sort of SDK that’ll allow other developers to add Direct VR support without compromising the rest of your app’s source code? I know you are protective of your software, and I respect that completely and am wondering if there’s still some sort of outsourcing opportunity that could occur that still protects your IP.

steph12
    Participant

i agree.

i’d love to be able to play latest games in geometry 3D, i’m sure it’s doable, one developper for all the games being released is not enough, more manpower is badly needed.

grumdark
    Participant

I agree in some specific parts of the previous messages.
    I personally, I like Vorpx enough, because it has given me opportunity to play some of my favorite games, and I will always be totally 100% grateful in that aspect and others.

But on the other hand, I can not avoid having a bitter feeling, having totally tied hands, exclusive 3d profiling decisions,and in-depth testing of the creator.
    (Except for small test copying basic profiles by users)

For example, within two days, launching Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind expansion, is a simple example, but I will never be able to know if we will have a geometry profile and z-normal + gui scale now, soon or never.

Probably the creator or developer, think, is not a timely decision right now, or maybe if it’s a good idea, but I’ll never be able to do anything about it to get it, unless you’re lucky in the order.
    I can not even know if it is being considered at some point or if it is being tested, and this really saddens me a lot.
    This uncertainty.

I imagine the same thing happens to other people.
    And I understand that some things are not as fast, easy, or always technically possible e.t.c.
    However, I would also like to address this issue a bit, I think Vorpx should update more frequently for the inclusion of some oficial new game profiles,and minor fixes.Especially at this time.

some dx11 works,are quite requested.

This is not a criticism, I just share, some of the sensations on the other side, as a client, as a player, and in general someone who likes to use this program for the only purpose of obtaining an improvement in this aspect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!