Ralf I know you mean well..

Homepage Forums Technical Support Ralf I know you mean well..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Megablaster
    Participant

But the new update sucks! It just delays the start of the game and serves no real purpose. Like wise if you were really interested in having a feature that players would actually find *useful include an option to disable *warnings for games that use *mods. I use mods they run fine and the warnings just make it more difficult for Vorpx to start normally. If you must include the new update include an option to turn it *off. Thanks for your time..

Ralf
    Keymaster

Huh? It’s a single click after the first time. You only have to go through the slides once. No delay at all except for the very first launch of a game.

Megablaster
    Participant

I’d still like an option to turn it *off along with the game warnings. I’m an experienced user so I already know about the potential problems.

bravekat
    Participant

I like it, it shows the all the profile information on the right screen. I also like how you can go back to start screen to re-center.

ToxicMike
    Participant

WTF? That new screen (for total vorpX-noobs?) does not go away, i have to press A and E everytime to make it vanish. There is also no option in turning it off, for christ sakes.

Not that pressing A and E is that much of a problem, even if its EVERYTIME, the actual problem is this screen being completely useless unless you´re a noob who doesnt know crap about vorpX.

I also guess, those people who actually REALLY NEED that screen, can´t really do shit coz they lack too much knowledge.

Just my five useless cents to this.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The start room is actually highly useful for seasoned users like you as well, just not in the same way for every single game. It doesn’t just display beginner’s hints, but also any game specific hints I or any user profile author might have added to their profiles, also interactive tutorial slides for motion controller gestures a profile might support.

Providing information about supported motion controller gestures would be essentially impossible without a system like this. And considering how often essential game specific hints are overlooked when just being shown on the monitor, the in-headset-instructions are pretty much a necessity too.

BTW: IIRC you mostly use the desktop viewer. If you see the start room when launching the desktop viewer, try to reset the profile to default in the vorpX menu. That should disable the start room for the desktop viewer.

chaonatic
    Participant

I agree with the OP. I’m just playing games in 3D on my OneXFly handheld device with Viture XDR glasses. It’s awesome to play games in literal 3D wherever I’m at, even if I’m not using it for VR.

The problem is, there’s no external keyboard with me on the go. To disable the “Generic 3D displays aren’t the intended use” warning, I have to try to enable the onscreen keyboard, hit all 3 keys, and somehow manage not to minimize the game or knock the magnetic cable off the glasses, thus having me start the process all over again.

Like the OP said, he knows you mean well, Ralf, but there are circumstances where it can be a bit of a hinderance and not let us use your wonderful tool (even if it’s not in the way it was intended to be used). Just please, give us a toggle to disable all alerts and notices if we want… please?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s not really an issue. The messages fades away automatically after two or three minutes.

Smoils
    Participant

Are there any technical reasons why startup screen must be there and cant be an optional setting? I know you can come up with reasons why its better all day while others will find resons why its irritating, but such discussion is pointless.

Having it as an option is a perfect solution unless some serious reasons require it to always be there at the start.

chaonatic
    Participant

Ralf.. you want something covering the upper left of your game screen for 2 to 3 minutes? Are saying suck it up… deal with it? I’m afraid that’s not a great way to treat your supporters/customers. I used to encourage people to buy your product, but since it appears that you haven’t any concern for your customer base, I will not be doing that going forward.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No concern for customers? You have the audacity to say that to someone who provides you with free updates for years and years and years because a message with hints isn’t faded out fast enough for your personal taste? Anything else I can do for you?

Thanks for reminding me to avoid meaningful answers to complaints like yours at all costs. Guess you’d rather like a typical community manager bullshit reply instead.

No problem, here we go: Awesome suggestion, I’ll forward it to the dev team for their consideration right away.

duke54
    Participant

“you´re a noob who doesnt know crap about vorpX.”

I have been using Vorpx for years, but that doesn’t meaning that memorizing it’s features is top priority in my brain (I actually have a life, study, and learn many other topics) so having “noobie” messages pop up when I decide to use Vorpx after a few months is exactly what I need.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!