Ralf, please respond to the pimax team

Homepage Forums Technical Support Ralf, please respond to the pimax team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    broksampson
    Participant

They have mentioned several times that they are trying to contact you. They want to work with you. PLEASE RESPOND TO THEM!

Karlor
    Participant

I would cation Ralf some here. Pimax is a Chinese company and I would be very careful how much I give them access to. They would gladly steal Ralphs program if they thought they had half a chance of doing it. Im not trashing them but its how they do business over there. Working close to manufacturers could be great for vorpX but Im telling you, Ralph watch you ass with these guys…

broksampson
    Participant

You can be professional. For whatever they could make from “stealing” would destroy them as a company, who’s sold 33,000 hmd so far in the past year. Pimax has also worked with valve. Oculus and steamvr both support vorpx, why is it a crime that pimax have native support for their sdk?

Karlor
    Participant

I never said it would be stealing if they worked together. But your right China has and always will be beacon of shining light of copyright protection. Their government takes it very seriously… oh wait…

broksampson
    Participant

Im pretty sure pimax is also a company in the us with offices in LA.

finstern
    Participant

On the other side, they don’t need anything special if their product work with steamVR out of the box .. was answered exactly the same for my Fove VR HMD..

Currently, the problem is more .. about “any new from vorpX author in the last couple of months ?”

broksampson
    Participant

On the other side, they don’t need anything special if their product work with steamVR out of the box .. was answered exactly the same for my Fove VR HMD..

Currently, the problem is more .. about “any new from vorpX author in the last couple of months ?”

Pimax 8k has a special rendering mode where each eye alternates 90hz:90fps and coould accept a 180fps source game and send all those frames between the eyes. Ralph would need to support this feature. But I hope he’s communicating with pimax bc this new hmd will likely sell many copies of vorpx bc of the pimax high res high fov screen.

guillerodriguezv
    Participant

Hey Ralph, please contact & make the deal with Pimax,what will you loose??? They will pay you for full support to their Pimax 8K and you will get a lot more sells of VORPX.
    Think about it.

superkev72
    Participant

Yeah I backed the Pimax 8K as well. They say on the forums they are trying to give Ralph a kit hopefully he took them up on that. Support for a higher end HMD like the pimax 8k would indeed be epic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!