Ralf: Skyrim Direct VR with new Win 10 Pro Fall creators

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Ralf: Skyrim Direct VR with new Win 10 Pro Fall creators

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Ralf

The new Win 10 Pro Fall creators edition seems to be causing a problem with setting Direct VR after using ATL-L. It goes through the process fine but now when I rotate my head afterwards the FOV seems a bit off. Before the update, FOV was perfect…now it seems to bend a bit as I move…very uncomfortable.

Any idea other than trying to set the FOV manually. What FOV was used or perfect for the older version of Win 10 after Direct VR was set…just in case I need to manually apply it?

I also just tried to apply the ‘Optimize Games’ section for Skyrim and that doesn’t help. The FOV is set at 110 via that but that number no longer is perfect I guess.

Karlor
    Participant

I seriously doubt that the windows update effected your FOV, but who knows, Windows 10 does suck pretty hard so it could be. I would say if it is Windows maybe its messing with resolution and making it seem like its screwing with your FOV. If all else fails your FOV should be between 110 and 120 if your setting it up yourself.

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Karlor

Direct VR automatically sets the FOV after using ALT-L so what ever is put in manually is bypassed. Something is definitely off…with the update. Since Ralf designed Direct VR…he will need to provide the answer. Thanks anyway.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check whether you maybe inadvertantly have changed the FOV adjustment on the Direct VR page of the vorpX ingame menu. I have the Fall Creators update on the main test machine already too and like Karlor suggests it doesn’t change anything about the optimal FOV in Skyrim, which also would be extremely odd.

There is practically no chance that an OS update can change what the exact same FOV value does in Skyrim, so it has to be something else.

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ralf. I’ve been having many problems with my Rift lately since the current Oculus 1.19 build. This a frustrating process…since it worked perfectly up till 1.19.

I just reverted back to the older Windows 10 Pro install and am getting the same issue. I thought it was vorpx but its happening even with the Oculus software. So strange that only today the FOV problem just started…when it wasn’t there yesterday. Nothing has been added or changed on my computer…that I’m aware of.

I’ve updated my USB drivers and have the same problem…actually kind of worse. I downgraded the USB drivers to the ones provided by my MB distributor and still the same.

Anyway, I think Vorpx is ruled out as being the problem. Sorry about that…I’ve only been playing Skyrim in Vorpx lately so it was the first thing I thought as being the problem.

Cheers!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!