Ralf, skyrim works in ZAdapt with ENB but not G3D, is this intended?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Ralf, skyrim works in ZAdapt with ENB but not G3D, is this intended?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TCPcitizn
    Participant

Hi Ralf my skyrim is working really well with an injected ENB but won’t run in Geometry mode, is this meant to be the case? If I set it to Geometry 3D, restart, there is no change.

When I start the game I don’t get the black square in the main menu, instead I get a zoomed in version and have to zoom out. I’m hoping this is an easy fix

Ralf
    Keymaster

Could you check whether it works without ENB? If so there likely is a conflict between ENB and vorpX. Sonce both hook into DirectX than is always prossible.

Another (although unlikely) option would be that you maybe renamed your TESV.exe to something else? For that unlikely case please make sure to add the renamed to the Skyrim profile in the vorpX config app.

TCPcitizn
    Participant

The exe is unchanged. It runs in geometry mode without an ENB on. When I use the ENB I’m getting 3D, looks like Zadaptive and my frames are great, but Geometry is unavailable as it simply doesn’t change after activating it. So its working.. I just can’t figure out why Zadaptive or Z-normal works but not geometry. The game sometimes freezes on startup but I’ve found a sequence of activating the sensor with my finger at the right time which limits that. Again I don’t get the 3D box at the main menu with the dragon logo, nor while playing the game savegame/loadgame/settings/exitgame etc. The vorpx settings after hitting delete key works tho

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need to restart Skyrim (the original DX9 Skyrim) for the G3D settings change to work. There should be a message stating that, but maybe it isn’t displayed for you for some reason.

You may could also try to reset the profile to its default values in the config app, either through a re-import from the cloud or on the trouble shooting page. Skyrim has Geometry 3D enabled with the default settings.

Also please try without ENB. Only if you also have this problem without ENB, I can classify it as potential vorpX issue. As much as I would like to be less restrictive in this matter, two programs hooking into DirectX at the same time is a matter so complex that it is impossible to provide official support for something like that.

It may work, but if it doesn’t, not much can be done.

TCPcitizn
    Participant

Oh yeah I’ve tried everything, fresh installs of both vorpx and the game, restarts dozens of times, either way its very good as is and I have you to thank for it. And yeah I thought you might say that and its totally understandable because its not a quick fix I guess. I just wish I knew why 3D works but not full 3D.. Wish I knew more about the matter to investigate. Thanks :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

TBH I’m pretty sure it is working if you use a freshly installed vorpX with thr default settings. Maybe it’s just not “enough” 3D for you to be prominent enough. The default should be quite lifelike normally, but you can increase the 3D-Strength to very extreme amounts in the vorpX ingame menu if you want.

TCPcitizn
    Participant

I actually came back here to post about the 3D-Strength thing. I’ve been doing a lot of tweaking with it and object licking. Going back and forth between running it with the ENB injector and without and I’m starting to think that its something between Z-Normal and Z-adaptive in the ENB version.. super weird. Its better than Z-normal, yet not as good as my non-enb adaptive, like its very noticable. ANd then I see no real difference when switching from normal to adaptive even with restarts within the ENB version. And with all that said, if I boost the 3D-strength to 200 it looks a lot like the non-enb one, but only upclose such as standing in front of a guard. So I’ve got it looking pretty good at 1.52 strength however things aren’t as solid(literally). Still either way my performance is 60+

Just reinstalled Vorpx and its the same. If I use the ENB injector at all, and I have geometry mode set before I start the exe, none of the settings from the box after hitting the delete key have any effect. So 500 3D stength.. nothing. Also 3D reconstruction is then off and becomes a blurry experience

If you care to see what I mean just install the injector version, its only 2 files and you’ll see for yourself :)

I’m starting to think that I’ll use the ENB when outside during the day and Geometry for everything else

Ralf
    Keymaster

As said before, ENB also hooks into DirectX, so maybe there is some conflict. Many others had success with the injector version in the past, but there never is a guarantee that int works for every configuration.

One other thing you might want to consider: some ENB effects have a pretty huge impact on performance. I would recommend to not use anything else than a bit of color correction, definetely none of the heavier effects like depth of field.

TCPcitizn
    Participant

okay okay so I’ve done something to make it truely Z-adaptive.. Maybe even a little better but I’m afraid to mess around with things just to remember what G3D looks like. I’ll post my findings once I have a better understanding as to what I did. My guess is that its hooking better now

It looks really really good and I’m very happy

Only thing is that the night is now lit with orange moonlight

Full realvision + climates of Tamriel 1920×1440 and high texture detail with solid 50fps in Whiterun and solid 60 in Riverwood doing circle jumps on a mouse with high sensitivity

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!