RE7

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    krisvdv
    Participant

I’m trying to play RE7 with the latest Vorpx version, but no matter what I try, I can’t get geometry to display in the list (only (Z-Normal and Z-Adaptive). I’ve tried setting Vorpx both to SteamVR and Oculus, but this didn’t make any difference. I tried different video and graphic settings in the game as well, nothing helped. Any ideas? Thanks!

luka2099
    Participant

Try another profile in the cloud

krisvdv
    Participant

I tried them all…

dellrifter22
    Participant

I don’t recall Resident Evil 7 having Z3D, only G3D, but I could be mistaken.

Are you sure you don’t mean re8 Village? That only has Z3D, it’s dx12.

clamo
    Participant

ya I could never get the game to work ether with the exception of one time. after that nope.
    word is this game requires a lot of configuring to get it to hook. figured the new version would help that but I guess not.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s pretty much plug and play normally, vorpX adjusts everything automatically. The only thing you have to configure is the resolution.

If you happen to use the Game Pass version, you are out of luck unfortunately though. For Game Pass the game has been recompiled as Windows Store app and can’t be hooked.

Bolo
    Participant

Also, unfortunately, I have big problems with setting the correct image in RE7. Every time on VR below, I see a black bar that restricts visibility. I have tried many vorpX setups in the game and nothing. Maybe someone can recommend the correct vorpX cloud settings for HTC Vive pro ? Thank you.

Bolo
    Participant

Also, unfortunately, I have big problems with setting the correct image in RE7. Every time on VR below, I see a black bar that restricts visibility. I have tried many vorpX setups in the game and nothing. Maybe someone can recommend the correct vorpX cloud settings for HTC Vive pro?

luka2099
    Participant

Re7 have a wonderfull vr mod, dont need vorpx. Vorpx work great with re5 and re6 with first person mod

nyteblaydette
    Participant

The black bars can’t be helped even in vorpx. That’s Capcom trying to make this game more “cinematic” by adding letterboxing.
    Personally I just up the fov and zoom in, but I can get used to ignoring the black bars.

nyteblaydette
    Participant

@Bolo do you see lines above and below your screen or is there a black bar in the middle of your screen?

Bolo
    Participant

@nyteblaydette Unfortunately, this is a problem that I can’t set up Vorpx properly I think. In most games, I see a black bar below the screen. It looks the worst in RE7 and Prey. Zooming in or change fov on the image does nothing. It does not matter whether Full VR or other image display options are used. You can always see a black bar below. The impression is that the projected image is too high. I can’t find anywhere in Vorpx options to “raise” the displayed image. In games with full VR support, this has never been a problem. How to correct it ?

Bolo
    Participant

I can’t find anywhere in Vorpx options to “raise” or “lower” the displayed image in VR.

luka2099
    Participant

Re7 , now have a native vr mod with motion controller , from Praydogs.
    For the black bar, you have 2 option to raise display image, fullvr mod, aspect ratio pixle 1:1 and zoom in.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!