Really no fix for giant hands?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Really no fix for giant hands?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    AerowynX
    Participant

so it doesn’t seem to effect every single game but a lot it goes.. FOV has no effect, playing the 3D strength doesn’t fix it. Mods in games like skyrim don’t see to make any difference.. the last 3 I tried all had this issue skyrim, Contagion and Portal 2. The hands/guns are so massive they take basically the entire screen when aiming.. you can adjust them out of view a bit but they are still monstrous.. doesn’t see like there is anything you can do to resolve this.. in portal 2 you can actually make the weapon model invisible which is a workaround i guess

Syndroid
    Participant

Apparently, the hand models in many games are rendered in a different FOV.
    There is a “hand FOV” setting (or something) but it doesn’t work quite right.
    For Skyrim and Source Engine games, you coud fix it by using mods, but I don’t know of any.
    Most Unreal engine games I’ve tested so far look fine. (Bioshock, Mirroes Edge, Duke Nukem F, Bulletstorm.)
    But yeah, those huge hand models are kind of a dealbreaker for me. Black Mesa would be perfect without this issue.

AerowynX
    Participant

Apparently, the hand models in many games are rendered in a different FOV.
    There is a “hand FOV” setting (or something) but it doesn’t work quite right.
    For Skyrim and Source Engine games, you coud fix it by using mods, but I don’t know of any.
    Most Unreal engine games I’ve tested so far look fine. (Bioshock, Mirroes Edge, Duke Nukem F, Bulletstorm.)
    But yeah, those huge hand models are kind of a dealbreaker for me. Black Mesa would be perfect without this issue.

i can’t find any mods for skyrim that work.. immersive camera kinda does but it completely jacks up headtracking making it unplayable.. the mods that let you rescale size of limbs don’t have any effect on first person.. people keep saying you can mod it to look good but not a single person has actually shown me a way they just link other peoples post that “claim” it’s fixed but when i try their “fix” it doesn’t work

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have an idea how potentially hide weapons/hands in *some* games. That would include Skyrim and the other Bethesda games. For now it’s just an idea, so I can’t promise anything yet. Keep your fingers crossed.

AerowynX
    Participant

I have an idea how potentially hide weapons/hands in *some* games. That would include Skyrim and the other Bethesda games. For now it’s just an idea, so I can’t promise anything yet. Keep your fingers crossed.

I found fix for skyrim in i put in the game hints section.. but others like portal 2 and left for dead 2 and contagion I couldn’t find any fix.. well in portal 2 you can make the gun completely invisible with a console command which works fine.. tbh anything you could do to try and resolve it as to me it’s the biggest issue with many games in VorpX

MarkG
    Participant

I believe I’m using Immersive First Person with Skyrim, and it works fine. But it seems to be incompatible with DirectVR, so you have to pick one or the other.

Never seemed to have a problem with L4D2, but I never found a way to increase the 3D FOV to a level where the game world looked right.

AerowynX
    Participant

I believe I’m using Immersive First Person with Skyrim, and it works fine. But it seems to be incompatible with DirectVR, so you have to pick one or the other.

Never seemed to have a problem with L4D2, but I never found a way to increase the 3D FOV to a level where the game world looked right.

i found with directvr you gotta go into third person do the scan then go back into first person

prinyo
    Participant

i found with directvr you gotta go into third person do the scan then go back into first person

I tried that just now and it didn’t work. The rotation scan says Success but there is no rotation tracking after that. I guess there is something else that is influencing this.

prinyo
    Participant

Hmmm, seems it works if you do the scan in 3rd person with weapons out.

But I see a new problem – when you look up and down it seems to move you a bit or change the zoom. You can see this easily if you stand before a bench and start looking up and down. The bench will zoom in and out a bit. It is not a big difference but it makes it a bit confusing sometimes.

AerowynX
    Participant

Hmmm, seems it works if you do the scan in 3rd person with weapons out.

But I see a new problem – when you look up and down it seems to move you a bit or change the zoom. You can see this easily if you stand before a bench and start looking up and down. The bench will zoom in and out a bit. It is not a big difference but it makes it a bit confusing sometimes.

also try to look behind you the headtracking gets all messed up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!