Recenter Headset using Button on Wheel

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Recenter Headset using Button on Wheel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TheStig_23
    Participant

Hello!

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I couldn’t find an answer anywhere online.

Like the title suggests, I am wondering if there is a way to recenter the headset using a button on my steering wheel instead of using the keyboard.

I think the default is ALT + ENTER , but my keyboard is out of reach in my sim rig, so it would be nice to just press the xbox button on the wheel to center.

Many thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can re-assign shortcuts in the vorpX config app, but only to keyboard keys and mouse buttons. A wireless mouse with recentering bound to one of the mouse buttons might be a viable idea in your scenario.

Smoils
    Participant

There are programs that can emulate mouse/keyboard with your game controllers, including wheels. Personally I use Joy2Key but you can also write or find simple scripts for that for autohotkey.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX has something like Joy2Key built in to deal with games that don’t allow mouse and gamepad input at the same time while vorpX has to emulate a mouse for head tracking. You should be aware of that. If both an external gamepad to mouse/kb mapping app and the internal vorpX mapper are active in a game, things will go haywire.

If there is need for something like that, it’s better to only use the internal mapper, which is freely configurable. Not really an option in this case though since it would override the native wheel input.

TheStig_23
    Participant

Thank you, I will give that a go!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!