Recommended controller for vorpX gaming?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Recommended controller for vorpX gaming?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

Hey guys! Since i want to play vorpX supported games standing, i can’t use mouse & keyboard sadly.

I never touched a console controller yet – you can call me a controller virgin. :)

So what do you experienced guys recommend buying? Steam controller? XBOne controller? I want to be able to use many keys (for RPG games) and at the same time it should work for old games too.

The PS4 controller with the nice trackpad seems out of the question, because of compatibility issues.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The best tested controller is the XBOne controller. You can also use your VR controllers with vorpX, either as emulated kb/mouse or gamepad.

BTW: You seem so excited to play Witcher 3 in VR that I feel obligated to make you aware that being a third person game W3 defaults to ‘Immersive Screen Mode’ in vorpX, which means you have a (very) huge ‘screen’ in front of you that fills your entire view. That’s about 80% of being ‘in the game’, but not 100%.

Playing the game in what vorpX calls ‘Full VR’ (the 100% mode) requires a first person and a FOV (field of view) mod for the game, so configuring the game for ‘Full VR’ involves a bit of extra work. Instructions here.

jjensson
    Participant

Thanks, Ralf, for all the info.

But, can i change the distance to this “immersive screen”? If it’s too far away, i would lose resolution, and the immersion suffers, right?

And can the touch controllers really replace an XBox controller, when they have less keys?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can move it so close that it practically fills your entire view. Personally I would prefer to play W3 that way, but there also in no harm in trying the first person mod. Just wanted to mention that ‘Full VR’ for W3 involves a bit of extra work.

Touch: vorpX reserves one key as shift key on the touch controllers, so you basically have two mappings. The button mappings are shown ingame on the rendered controllers, so that’s quite intuitive to use.

jjensson
    Participant

Sounds good.

BTW, this immersive screen mode would apply to Witcher 1 and 2 as well, right?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, not sure whether first person mods exist for these.

jjensson
    Participant

Nah, i think Witcher games work best as intended – in 3rd person. Wanna see what badass Geralt is doing. :)

I appreciate your honesty and your support.

tonka
    Participant

Is it true that we can use Vive controllers as gamepad?

If so, how? I thought that they can only emulate the keyboard and mouse. Can we use haptic feedback also?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!