Red Dead Redemption 2 PC control forced overide

Homepage Forums Technical Support Red Dead Redemption 2 PC control forced overide

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Malsyste
    Participant

I’m trying to play red dead with index goggles and KB/M.
    Game runs fine without Vorpx but when I play with it hooked, it overides my keyboard bindings.
    Mainly WASD is the issue, it forces tank control on the horse no matter the perspective I have enabled. No matter the camera control relativity I have enabled in game too.

What’s worse, is it that still persists after I dismount and go on foot. Though at this point its not really tank controls anymore, but instead all 4 WASD keys make me go forward. ASD however seems like its using its respective ASD together with W, as if when I press A its like the game is fighting over A and W. If I press S its fighting between S and W and W always wins, and I always go forward.

In addition I think certain keys Iv rebound seem to also have the new AND old bound action.

What is the extra overlay of button function and how do I remove it?

I disable the vorpx from changing setting both in vorpx game menu as well as the Windows Vorpx Control app and nothing has changed. Iv defaulted the in game buttons, set everything to horse relative movement. What else? this is currently unplayable.

KitZZer
    Participant

Dealing with same issue currently. I think its hardcoded into the profile. Also immersive is on at all times even in cinema. Do you know if the rdr2 profile had to be imported for you or not? Its been a few weeks but i almost feel like i had to import it and now its stuck there. We might have to wait for Ralf to fix this one because i think its hardcoded into the profile. I just want to play with normal controls in 3rd person

Malsyste
    Participant

Weird, had to start another post here for this old one to pop up into view again for me.
    Said it was spam when i tried to edit it originally and then disappeared off the board.

Anyways, about the game, I didn’t manually import anything. I considered it after not being able to fix the local one but the other profiles didn’t have many endorsements and seemed outdated.

Hard to imagine this being hardcoded, who can play the game like this? is it really meant to only be played with vr controllers in first person or something?

KitZZer
    Participant

Thats my guess. I think it was a work in progress for first person vr until it was abandoned because of $ockstar coming after vr mods. Could be why the post was spam also. I labeled my post about it the forbidden horse simulator. Lol

KitZZer
    Participant

I think i found a way to break it. Under
    C:programfiles(x86)/animationlabs/vorpx/plugins

Make a copy of ScriptHookRDR2 then delete the original.

Seemed like i had to crank the z normal 3d and width to get a decent 3d effect but its no longer fixing the camera to movement

Malsyste
    Participant

OK this is like the 3rd time I’m writing this response, my shit keeps getting deleted or signing out or getting marked as spam… what’s up with this message board lol.

Anyways, nice try but that doesn’t sound like real3d anymore. However for experimenting, which scripthookrdr3 needs deleting? the .dll or the .log? Im finding both.

Also for some reason, I cant even remove the official local profiles to swap with any other, how do people do that? Both remove options are grayed out on official local ones. I can only remove the imported ones form cloud. And if I cant remove, I cant reassign the .exe to a different profile.

Malsyste
    Participant

Sigh… now I cant edit my post so…. here it is again after noticing you posted the directory for the file…

Yeah just tried it because I wasn’t sure, but it indeed only has adaptive options and not real3d.
    I mean everything seems to already be there in the official local profile including real3d, if I could just ditch all the control changes, it would be perfect!!!

KitZZer
    Participant

Yeah my bad, should have been more clear about that. I find for me i like to run in z normal rather than g3d anyway because i can crank the graphics settings and get better clarity with high frames. For this game i have been running with the 3d maxed and focal maxed. Settings at high at 1440 in cinema mode. I play in 3rd person mostly so 3d looks pretty good at distance for me. I get mid 70fps with a 3070. Good enough for me. Not sure how anyone played with standard profile

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!