Release timing

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Release timing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Not sure why, but it seems like there is always a VorpX release right AFTER a big steam sale. :) I’m sure its coincidence/ bad luck timing of course, but I’m always left looking at games on sale wondering “oh sh!t, should I get this one? Is it going to be in the release coming in the next week?”
    Ralf, could you give Gabe a call and make sure you guys sync up with these things please? That’d be greaaaat, thanks.
    Being facetious of course, but on a less jokey side, it would be kind of cool to have some sort of “heads up” if you know what games are coming down the pipe so we can grab em while they’re on sale. Just a thought.
    Cheers

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have a secret arrangement with them. This way you are forced to stockpile games without knowing which ones will be supported eventually.

Seriously: the plan was to get vorpX 19.1.0 ready before Christmas, but dealing with some recent SteamVR changes cost me quite a bit of time. Maybe, but really just maybe I feel confident enough to release it on Chrismas eve. Don’t count on it though, early January is more likely.

The next release will primarily be about a DX11 rewrite that allows G3D for more DX11/11.1 games that were Z3D only before, not too many new profiles. The most interesting AA/AAA games with major changes (either new or Z3D only before) currently on sale at Steam are probably: Prey, Batman: Arkham Knight, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Farming Simulator 2019, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Elex, The Surge.

matteo39
    Participant

yeahhhhhh!!! PREY AND DEUS EX MANKIND G3D!

and andromeda? not g3d for frostbite 3?

Ralf
    Keymaster

ME:Andromeda too, I jut didn’t mention it above since the question was about the Steam sale.

dborosev
    Participant

Sweet! Thanks for the info!

matteo39
    Participant

double yeah! :)

dborosev
    Participant

Damn fine selection of games too. I’m pumped.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that vorpX 19.1.0 is now oficially pushed back to January so noone has to hammer F5 over Christmas. ;)

Due to heavy changes in the DX11 pipeline this release requires a lot of testing unfortunately to make sure nothing is broken that worked before.

dborosev
    Participant

No worries, and definitely thanks for the heads up! Better than not knowing. Lots to keep busy with over xmas anyways.
    Enjoy the holidays!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!