Remapping Touch Controllers

Homepage Forums Technical Support Remapping Touch Controllers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    madcap
    Participant

I’m trying to remap the controllers in-game but the sticks don’t seem to be changing. I use cursors instead of wasd for moving and tried mapping them to the left stick (up/down/left/right) where you can set the controller’s binds. I guess I am doing something wrong because I also see a toggle to use this stick for strafe or look (i think it was look).

Is there anyway I get this to work? Also, are these binds profile specific or do they come from vorpx (a global settings file, or something)?

I’m trying to do this for F.E.A.R, which looks and runs great at full 80hz (both game and hmd), and worth the extra fiddling.

Thanks

P.S. I know it seems daft, but I’d like the option to switch to kb and mouse and would like to learn this step.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Mappings are game specific and saved into the profile.

You should be able to remap the stick to your liking by clicking the „Remap Bindings“ button at the bottom of the controller settings page. If that doesn’t work for some reason, you could alternatively change the movement keys back to WASD in the game‘s options menu. Per default the left stick is configured to emulate WASD.

With the left stick strafe/turn option you can choose whether left/right stick movement is translated to AD-keys (strafe) or left/right mouse movement (turn).

madcap
    Participant

That’s what I did for the stick. Up/down/left/right on the stick was bound to wasd. I bound them to the cursors (matching game binds) but it’s not moving the character around. I tried saving profile and restarted the game, but it didn’t work. I notice the right stick cannot be changed at all (only its alternate mapping). Does that one use cursors by default?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Odd, never heard of that before, but I‘ll check it next week. If the remapping doesn‘t work for some reason, reset the profile to default in the config app and switch the game’s key mapping back to WASD. The basic stuff (movement, use, jump etc.) works per default for most games that have a typical WASD key mapping.

The right stick always emulates mouse movement.

madcap
    Participant

I’ll have another go or try and use my keyboard’s software to create a mapping profile for the game if I have no success. Thanks for the info. The ability to change the default mapping would be useful for us cursor freaks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally it should be no problem to change WASD to cursor keys. Can‘t really imagine why that wouldn‘t work for you, but I‘ll check next week whether there maybe is a bug.

if you haven‘t done that already, please try without your external keyboard mapping program. Not unlikely that it causes a conflict with the vorpX mapper.

madcap
    Participant

I can bind both so it shouldn’t cause me a problem in this game. However the cursors are definitely not taking effect for me.

I could bind the stick button (left shift) to right shift, so some are rebinding.

For some reason Del key is also behaving the same way even though I set it to Scroll-lock in VorpX, which made it available in games. It shows up on the controller (both in vorpx menu and 3d controllers) but doesn’t have any effect. I also tried binding End key, which also has no effect. In menu that bind stayed blank after I pressed the End key (special key?), but it showed on the controller button (A-End and B-Del buttons on right controller).

Just thought I’d mention it. I can work around all of it, so none of it is critical. :)

Have a nice weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!