remapping vorpX key to my controller

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings remapping vorpX key to my controller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LaughingGremlin
    Participant

I’m using vorpX with Fallout 76 in Full VR mode. For the most part it is working great. The only problem I am having is when looking at the map. The map is too zoomed in. With the middle mouse button I am able to zoom out, but I am using a controller. Pressing the middle mouse button, and using the controller one handed is a bit of a challenge. Is there any way I can remap the middle button feature (I think it’s called Edgepeek) to my Xbox controller? That way I am able to use the map during VR game play.

luka2099
    Participant

You must press r3 on your gamepad

LaughingGremlin
    Participant

Thanks, that worked like a charm.

LaughingGremlin
    Participant

I had to change Edgepeek from R3 to the View button. R3 was conflicting with Fallout 76’s sneak button. The View button is normally used to Toggle POV and Workshop. I don’t care about toggling POV but using the workshop may be a problem. vorpX gave me a message about this conflict but I was not paying attention and did not read it. For now I will take Edgepeek off the View button when I need to go in workshop mode.

Senan
    Participant

I’ve brought this exact issue up multiple times over the last few years but I’m not confident an option will ever be given to bind different gamepad buttons for menu/edge peek (or better yet, compound buttons so you don’t have to use in-game keys at all).

I’ve found a dirty work-around for it on my xbox series x gamepad. If you go into the steam gamepad settings while on FO76 (or any other Steam game), you should be able to bind the “share” button to a keyboard key. I have two different keys set to the share button–one with a short press of it and the other with a long press. I bound the short press to edgepeek and the long press opens the menu.

Once that’s done, you can disable the actual vorpx gamepad keys (which I’ve found to be useless as the stick buttons and start/select are simply too important in most games to be used for Vorpx) and still access both edgepeek and the menu with the gamepad. This should work with any gamepad that has extra buttons that can be bound in Steam (like the touchpad button on the Dualshock 4/5 gamepads, etc).

Disco Machine
    Participant

That’s a clever workaround Senan!

Not all controllers have the share button, so I think the easiest solution would be an option to use long-press of start and select buttons (or whatever they are called) act as menu and edgepeek in-game.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!