Remnant from the Ashes User Profiles G3D

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Remnant from the Ashes User Profiles G3D

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michelangel0
    Participant

Hi there!

Not sure what is going on but I was playing this game with G3D on a previous VorpX version.
    But on current version it stopped working and now I keep finding profiles on the cloud that were listed also as G3D but right now no one works in G3D….all profiles work with Z3D Normal/Adaptive and those are no close at all on how good it was with G3D.

HELP ? anyone?

I’ve been trying other similar profiles that found as recommended:

Conan exile, Hellblade, Mordhau, and Edith Finch but no luck so far.

Remnant from the Ashes is Unreal4 what other profiles I could check?

Anyone been playing this one at least to confirm why is not working anymore?

Michelangel0
    Participant

Improved hooking timing/safety: fixes some DX12 games not hooking anymore since Microsoft split the d3d12.dll into two separate DLLs a few weeks ago. Also improves hooking reliability with some games that initialize DirectX very early in their launch process.

Could this be also an issue in DX11 games like Remnant from the Ashes?
    It is an unreal4 game that was working perfect in G3D and it simply stopped working, I can still find G3D profiles in the cloud that do not work anymore and I was also playing it in G3D, so …. not sure what happenned, is a similar bug?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked Hellblade, What Remains of Edith Finch and Mordhau for you with the currently released vorpX version. No problems with these games, so the profiles are OK. I can only assume that there have been some changes to Remnant of the Ashes, that invalidated the existing user profiles as well as making the game fail with other UE4 profiles. Can’t really say anything more specific though since I never tried the game.

Apart from that a full factory reset might be worth a try, just in case some settings changes you made caused the issue. You can do a factory reset in the config app under trouble shooting. That’s a bit of a long shot though in this case.

On a sidenote: if you have a soft spot for sad stories (and don’t despise ‘walking simulators’), What Remains of Edith Finch is well worth the 2-3 hours it takes.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Just checked Hellblade, What Remains of Edith Finch and Mordhau for you with the currently released vorpX version. No problems with these games, so the profiles are OK. I can only assume that there have been some changes to Remnant of the Ashes, that invalidated the existing user profiles as well as making the game fail with other UE4 profiles. Can’t really say anything more specific though since I never tried the game.

Apart from that a full factory reset might be worth a try, just in case some settings changes you made caused the issue. You can do a factory reset in the config app under trouble shooting. That’s a bit of a long shot though in this case.

On a sidenote: if you have a soft spot for sad stories (and don’t despise ‘walking simulators’), What Remains of Edith Finch is well worth the 2-3 hours it takes.

ahhh hahahh no thanks. Indeed Walking Simulators are boring for me. Thanks anyway..

I didn’t understood what you tested, I wasn’t interested on those games but in Remnant from the Ashes heheheh

What a shame, Remnant from the Ashes was fantastic in G3D. :*(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since you suggested there might be in issue with vorpX and UE4, trying the profiles you mentioned with the games they were made for was useful to determine whether there is such an issue or not.

Since that’s not the case the only remaining option is that there have been some changes to the game that broke the exisiting user profiles. I’d love to tell you something more helpful, but since the game is neither supported nor did I ever even check it myself, I just can’t. Sorry for that. I’m pretty sure I have it sitting in my Steam library though, so if time permits I might take a closer look later.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Since you suggested there might be in issue with vorpX and UE4, trying the profiles you mentioned with the games they were made for was useful to determine whether there is such an issue or not.

Since that’s not the case the only remaining option is that there have been some changes to the game that broke the exisiting user profiles. I’d love to tell you something more helpful, but since the game is neither supported nor did I ever even check it myself, I just can’t. Sorry for that. I’m pretty sure I have it sitting in my Steam library though, so if time permits I might take a closer look later.

Ahhh got it now.
    Indeed I played other UE4 games succesfully….I’m currently playing the main campaign in Aquanox Deep Descent and it looks georgeous in G3D.
    So yeah it seems to be specific to that game and it was working before.

Ok then! thanks for the update!
    VorpX is an amazing tool I even gifted it to a good friend of mine.

Cheers!

Electryic
    Participant

Anyone get Dakka Dakka Flyboyz edition to work? REason I post here is because its on Unreal4… after digging around for an unreal 4 profile to try I landed here.

I will try Mordhau first I think since I assume that is the newest game and most likely will use the latest version (along w/ Dakka Dakka which was just released.
    If anyone has an idea or gets it to work would be good to know.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Checked this today. I’m pretty sure that there never has been a really well working G3D user profile for the game. At least in all outdoor areas there is a severe visual glitch due to the ground plane not being properly stereoized even if G3D works otherwise. The nature of the issue makes it impossible that someone could have managed to fix it with a user profile.

Didn’t remember that yesterday, but that’s also the reason why there is no official G3D profile for the game. Looks like a nice little puzzle to solve on some rainy weekend though, which might also benefit other UE4 games, so I’ll probably take a closer look at some point.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Checked this today. I’m pretty sure that there never has been a really well working G3D user profile for the game. At least in all outdoor areas there is a severe visual glitch due to the ground plane not being properly stereoized even if G3D works otherwise. The nature of the issue makes it impossible that someone could have managed to fix it with a user profile.

Didn’t remember that yesterday, but that’s also the reason why there is no official G3D profile for the game. Looks like a nice little puzzle to solve on some rainy weekend though, which might also benefit other UE4 games, so I’ll probably take a closer look at some point.

I swear I remember playing it on G3D when it came out :)
    I had my own profile working. I stopped playing the game for a few months, came back and only Z3D was working and couldn’t even select Geometry. Several days later I started checking other profiles and found some others listed as G3D but with only Z3D working so I think I was not the only one.

But hey! you are the Dev and have the real knowledge of the current problem, maybe the game was updated in the middle as you mentioned it.
    Not sure, but I’m glad that you checked it.
    At this point the game has it’s crowd of gamers so it would be great if you understand it also for VorpX players.

Thaaaaaanks!

dellrifter22
    Participant

Yes Ralf, I experiment with dozens of UE4 indie games and many have this terrain texture problem to some degree. I’ve spent many hours attempting to resolve them somehow with the tool but failed. Usually the best I can do is find a less offensive texture assignment, with minimal detail, and try to ignore it. Otherwise, UE4 is my favorite engine for vorpX, as it is very easy to setup with vorpX, looks clean, and many indie games use it. It would be a tremendous help to me and my profile work if you could find a solution. Perhaps I’ll pray for rain :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Good to know that indeed more UE4 games suffer from this glitch. I’ll definitely check it then. Thanks for the heads-up.

UnderSampled
    Participant

I have been enjoying Remnant: from the Ashes in Cinema mode with Z3D — the first game I’ve spent considerable time in VorpX with. I noticed the perhaps older profiles claiming to support G3D, but couldn’t figure out how to assign the game to them. Researching that, I found this thread. Not much left I guess but to say that you can count one more user who would enjoy a working G3D mode for this game. Thanks!

Michelangel0
    Participant

Good to know that indeed more UE4 games suffer from this glitch. I’ll definitely check it then. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hi there!
    Not sure if you found out any news on this…

The game is awesome, there has to be an explanation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!