Request for previous version

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Request for previous version

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rift_un
    Participant

Ralf

The vorpx update to 0.8.0.0 has made FSX unplayable, can I have the previous version back please (0.7.5.0 or something I think)?

rich_hard1
    Participant

Not sure if you knew but FSX is getting its own dedicated VR support without the need to use a third party VR tool to get it working like vorpx.

You can practically have multiple vr windows open whilst flying I.e kneeboard, webpage, maps etc.

Check here for more info and videos http://www.dcoc-vr.com/fsx

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll check FSX tomorrow (it’s a holiday here today). Should stll work, but maybe there is a new bug.

The dedicated solution will certainly be the better way to play FSX. It’s obviously impossible for a general wrapper to spend months of dev time for a single game. I honestly wish the author well, hopefully the intersection between FSX simmers and VR enthusiasts is large enough to make this commercially viable.

rift_un
    Participant

rich_hard1, i’m aware of that and it looks good (i subscribed to his mailing list & volunteered as a beta tester if required). i think he already has something that can be used with prepar3d. the fsx version might take some time, who knows?

Ralf, i havent done loads of testing with 0.8.0.0. i used the same settings that i’d used with 0.7.5.0 but had no luck.

there were several issues such as the game starting on the main monitor even though the rift was set as primary & it was specified to start on the rift in vorpx config (tried use system setting too), and even then it would stop loading at 100%. the only way i got it on the rift was to start fsx in windowed mode, it was running at about 1 fps! and other stuff not right….

if you could try it that would be great.

Ralf
    Keymaster

FSX issue confirmed. Behaves different here, but at least as wrong. I’ll look into it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!