ReShade + Depth3D == Doom 2016 with z-buffer 3D

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion ReShade + Depth3D == Doom 2016 with z-buffer 3D

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    andybak
    Participant

Oh well. Thanks anyway and sorry to persist.

I must be having an especially dumb day as I really don’t understand what you’ve said relates to my question.

Can anyone else help a thicko like me understand what Ralf is saying?

Oliiiiive
    Participant

For the moment , i’ve only tested Abzu and dark souls 3

Oliiiiive
    Participant

In Abzu the 3d effect is not great .

dborosev
    Participant

@andy
    Pretty sure Ralf is saying that vorpx directly hooks in to games and is therefore faster. Not sure why the runaround. Maybe he’s answered this question before too many times? Or maybe he can’t make claims to what it can do?

nieda113
    Participant

I really wonder about ur initial post reshade and voprx.. This does not work for sure. reshade 2.0 or 3.0 thats the one u need to get the 3d depht map unnimg. And reshade 2.00 3.0 is not compatible with oculus cv1 sdk. See reshade threads.
    BTW i tested the 3d depth map since the very beginning and its by far not comparable with vorpx d3d . Its has a decent 3d feeling though. (Evil within, dishonored2, mafia3 dying light)

RJK_
    Participant

It does not make sense to use reshade+Depth3D with vorpX.
    You can test that by changing the output mode of reshade. VorpX will not follow that because its hooks into the game, not in the reshade ouput.

What you are seeing in the HMD when using reshade+Depth3D is the vorpX hook, not the reshade hook.

– VorpX doent hook into the reshade output, it only looks like it
    – VorpX hooks into the game providing Z-Buffer 3D
    – if Depth3D would work with SBS+VorpX for example (that was my hope too when i tried) it only would provide Z-buffer 3D.
    – so using VorpX providing Z-buffer 3D is much faster (thats what Ralf said) in any case

There is still a bunch of confusion about G3D, Z-Buffer and stuff, many people havent ever seen a proper 3D so a z-buffer 3D already amazes them.
    Im my eyes the main target for vorpX should be to make a G3D possible for any 3D game (older ones too !), this would wipe out all needless testing with other software forever.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi, its not that reshade doesnt work with vorpx, it actually does. The problem is oculus 2.0 sdk, here reshade does not hook, because corsire denies to keep on developing for oculus sdk . So if u use 3ddepth shader u can use reshade and all the benefits but u cant use vorpx. I a m personally doubt that sbs is giving u a real 3 d feeling since the only real 3d is G3D.
    Performance wise ,sbs and 3d depth shader with reshade settinds depends on the shaders u use additionally if u use minimal shader u will have almost no performance drop compared to the original game.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!