Resident Evil 2 & 7 support please

Homepage Forums Technical Support Resident Evil 2 & 7 support please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JPWestmas
    Participant

Using Quest2 with Oculus Desktop app. and Geforce 3080 Ti. Works very well with RE (8) Village (after pressing play in Steam) but with RE 2 and 7, the screen just goes black after I press play in steam and after the game intro starts. I tried the beta non RT versions but no luck. Is there a specific profile or driver I need to look for?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Signing up to the ‘dx11-no-rt’ beta in Steam will help (right click game in list, click properties, go to beta page). It’s not really a beta, but in fact the last build before they removed dx11 support a while ago.

JPWestmas
    Participant

But this doesn’t seems to be about directX 11 verses 12 is it? Does RE Village use 11 or 12? That one works fine as I mentioned.

Ralf
    Keymaster

RE8 is DX12, but the vorpX profiles for 2+7 are for DX11 (incl Geometry 3D, which currently is not possible for DX12).

JPWestmas
    Participant

ok I got RE 7 working! I read somewhere that the previous folder needs to be trashed before installing the so-called Dx 11 beta version. Now I need to find out how to get rid of all the game pad jank when I go into full VR view. I keep accidently turning on some steam menu. I’ll keep reading.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!