Resident Evil 3 Remake (crash on startup)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Resident Evil 3 Remake (crash on startup)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    CrackerBrand00
    Participant

Trying to run Resident Evil 3 Remake, (RER2 runs fine). Upon launching I am greeted with the error re3.exe – Fatal Application Exit
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RE3\re3.exe
    “d:\\runtimebuildroom\\gitroot\\runtime\\modules\\render\\os\\renderdevicedx11.cpp” 6047 D3D11 create Swapchain failed.(HRESULT: 80004005)

Headset: HP Reverb G2

boots just fine without VorpX. Newish user, (well new again… had VorpX back in the DK2 days.. bought it twice) any help appreciated. Love this program, even if requires some tinkering!

Ralf
    Keymaster

The error message sounds suspiciously similar to one I’ve seen with RE2 mods that cause a conflict with vorpX by hooking into the graphics pipeline to display their settings GUI.

If you happen to have any mods installed, please check whether the issue also occurs without.

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

I have no mods installed. It is a fresh installation, I’ve only run it for the first few minutes to see the graphics. Was waiting to finish RER2 before I played it.. which i now have

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

and it runs just fine when I don’t have VorpX running

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

Have you tried rebooting?

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

Yes. Thanks CrackerBrand00. I have tried rebooting.

luka2099
    Participant

i also have the same problem. but it depends on the resolution. after 1960×1440 the game started with vorpx crashes and gives me the message you wrote. so I assume it’s a PC resource problem. i have a ryxen 5 5600x and a rtx 3060ti

RJK_
    Participant

Man, VorpX provides VR for almost 1000 games now, every game sometimes needs hundrets of hours to be fixed and you expect just for a few bucks any game to work with vorpX immediately. Give the devs a break !

A game profile needs to be adjusted for each game individually. Game updates can break this anytime. Please dont blame VorpX for that .

luka2099
    Participant

i didn’t say it’s vorpx’s fault. but of the specs of my pc. re3 remake is a game that already without vorpx requires excellent hardware. probably the gpu does not hold a resolution greater than 1960×1440 in my case.

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

Yeah, I love VorpX.. like I said, bought it twice. I’ve got it working on whatever odd resolution it defaults to now, but it crashes if I try to change it. I have to have everything set on minimum to get a framerate that is barely passable though.. at least it’s working

GFX card: Geforce 2080
    Memory: 16gb ram
    Headset: HP Reverb G2

clamo
    Participant

this is how i got it to run.
    use the new user profile. profile from re2
    reconfigure .ini to run game in dx11 and i changed window mode from 0 to 1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!