Return to Castle Wolfenstein DirectVR scan doesn't work

Homepage Forums Technical Support Return to Castle Wolfenstein DirectVR scan doesn't work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tonka
    Participant

Scan always fails.

Ralf
    Keymaster

What version of the game are you using? IIRC I used the one available on GOG for the profile. Old CD versions may be different from that and might fail.

In general please always keep the hint in mind that is shown during each scan: There is no 100% guarantee that Direct VR works for a particular game on every system. This hint is shown so prominently during each scan for a reason.

tonka
    Participant

I’m using the Steam version, any chance that you could get it working for that version please?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t purchase than one from Steam here (Germany). Legal stuff.

I made some adjustments to the profile. Try to download it from the cloud.

if it still does not work, you can always play the game the “normal” way without Direct VR.

tonka
    Participant

Oh yes, of course you can’t purchase it with the subject matter.

Anyway it works now, much thanks.

DirectVR is a real accomplishment and improves VorpX no end.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Great. Originally there probably was a German version od the game with all swastika textures replaced, which usually suffices to make Nazi-themed games available here, but apparently noone cared to bring that to Steam.

Anyway, since it’s working now I can live without the Steam version.

lipplog
    Participant

How did you get DirectVR to work? It fails during Rotation every time for me.

lipplog
    Participant

How did you get DirectVR to work? It fails during Rotation every time for me.

Did you download and apply the latest profile for Wolfenstein?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Make sure to use either the Steam or the GOG version of the game. Direct VR is partially version dependent for Q3 engine games. Old CD versions may not work.

lipplog
    Participant

Make sure to use either the Steam or the GOG version of the game. Direct VR is partially version dependent for Q3 engine games. Old CD versions may not work.

I’m playing the steam version. I downloaded the latest profile, but directVR fails in the rotation stage. Any idea what the issue might be?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!