Revisit to vorpx & Arma 3

Homepage Forums Technical Support Revisit to vorpx & Arma 3

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bobd
    Participant

Before I comment, I wish I could delete the thread “Arma3 won’t start after vorpx used”, it’s OK with me if someone can. I was blaming problems on vorpx, when It’s very likly some clash with “BattleEye” I don’t need it cus I don’t do multiplay. I got steam & arma3 reinstalled, & disabled BattleEye first thing. Haven’t played arma a lot, but things seem to run very well. Still need to learn more about options etc.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Good to hear that you got it working. I locked the original thread.

bobd
    Participant

One thing, when in infantry mode all is fine. If I get in a helicopter, I get a smaller view, & lose head tracking. Still in helo, sometimes if I click M-mouse I get a small view open below with head tracking. I don’t know how to get the same view before getting in the helo.

Thanks,

pamgpamg
    Participant

Just wondering are you facing the same zoomed in issue as well?

bobd
    Participant

Zoom ?, you mean with right click in Arma ?, or zoom with vorpx, (shift + mouse roll), (I think). I haven’t been deep into vorpx yet, so I may be misunderstanding.

pamgpamg
    Participant

Well if you play in full VR mode (non-virtual cinematic mode), you may run into some zoomed in issue but can be solved by increasing the fov. Your crosshair may be slightly raised up. So you may have to force your eye and neck above to aim correctly. so i was wondering if you have the same problem as well. By the way you use htc vive?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ bobd : You need to adjust the field of view for a decent Full VR experience. What can be done in this regard varies from game to game. For Arma III the vorpX Game Optimizer in the config app can do that.

The general options you have in this regard are listed in the Essential Hints Guide in the vorpX help. Not for all games there is a perfect solution, but vorpX always provides a way to deal with that.

bobd
    Participant

I have CV1 rift. Sorry, I can’t comment on your issue until I have more time with vorpx.

bobd
    Participant

@Ralf: I set FOV to 120 in vorpx. It returns to default 110 if I check it again I ran the Arma3 cfg. app again. The game aspect ratio is 5:4. I’m playing in Virtual Cinema mode I don’t see 2D FOV-enhancment. IF it distorts as warned, is it really necessary ? I don’t see where to change Z-buffer mode or geometry 3D. other wise, nothing improved for me.

bobd
    Participant

Hello Ralf, I still need help with FOV, & head tracking while in a vehicle.

bobd
    Participant

Still waiting for help. If you have no answer,just say so, & I’ll stop checking here.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In regard to head tracking that isn’t based on mouse look please take a look at the video that I recommended earlier in your original thread (embedded again below). Among other things it explains how to set up OpenTrack with Arma 3, which hacks into Arma’s TrackIR implemention. I’m not sure though whether OpenTrack has been updated for the commercial versions of Rift/Vive yet, so you should check that first.

In general the vorpX head tracking always does what your mouse does normally in a game.

Not sure about the vehicle FOV. Never heard of an issue with that so far, and I’m not really an Arma expert myself, sorry. I will have to check whether there is some problem with that. Maybe some other Arma user can help you out – after all a forum is primarily for user to user interaction.

bobd
    Participant

The question is, why does FOV & head tracking work in infantry mode, but not in vehicle, helicopter, & aircraft modes? Infantry mode is much less an interest for me as the others. That’s why I’m so frustrated, & feel I’ve wasted $$$.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I really can’t say anything to the vehicle FOV beyond that I haven’t heard of an issue with that in the last three years, sorry. I have to investigate this.

In regard to non-mouselook head tracking with separated aim/move please check the video above. Provided OpenTrack has been updated for your headset it explains what to do.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!