rfactor 1 not starting

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings rfactor 1 not starting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SvenH
    Participant

While waiting for the rfactor 2 update (with hopefully 3D function), I thought I am give rfactor 1 a try again as it is listed in the games being supported.

I have installed rfactor and it is launching without VorpX started, but if I start the Vorpx Service , I see the rfactor start message, a black Screen but then back to the desktop.
    Meaning I can not launch rfactor running the VorpX Service.

Any idea what I might do wrong or have missed ?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Regards
    Sven

SvenH
    Participant

No idea what I am doing wrong ? Any advise would be great. Still crashing with Vorpx enabled

REgards
    SVen

Ralf
    Keymaster

You have to select the correct display adapter (the listbox is titled “Video”) and resolution (1920×1080 for DK2) in the rFactor config program.

With that done it works fine here. If one of these isn’t set correctly, the game exits immediately after start.

BTW: You will also have to activate freelook mode for head tracking. Can’t remember how to do that currently, but Google will know the answer ;).

SvenH
    Participant

Hello , Ralph,
    first of all, happy new year !
    Thanks a lot ! Working fine now.
    Regarding headtracking, I am using the R12Rift-Plugin which can be found here.
    Just follow the thread #213 and it shall work.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14441-Rf2Rift-rFactor2-Oculus-Rift-Plugin-and-Tools?p=301690&viewfull=1#post301690

3D works as well but I am not sure what the best Setup is.
    Is there a description regarding the different 3D Options (Geometry and Z-Settings etc). I am not sure which one to choose.

Geometrie Options is making the Speedmeter almost unreadable.

However, rfactor works as well now and looking Forward to the rfactor 2 implementation
    Regards
    Sven

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!