rFactor help

Homepage Forums Technical Support rFactor help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MystaMagoo
    Participant

It is working but it needs a tweak or 2.
    There is no entry under ‘game settings optimizer’ but there is one under local profiles.

rFactor fired up 1st time in the DK2 which was nice.
    was very zoomed in but a small search n read solved that with shift&mouse wheel.
    Problem is the menu screen moves with your head so you cannot actually look around and choose your menu options.

Also the game is NOT running in 3D it’s just basically a 2D screen.

Can the menu’s be made to stay still while the head moves?

How to run the game in 3D?

Thanks

MystaMagoo
    Participant

also how to make or edit a profile?

Ralf
    Keymaster

IIRC you can find several rFactor 2 custom settings files done by other users in the Cloud Profiles section of the vorpX config app. Might be worth to check these out.

If the game (actually any game) looks zoomed in, you need to enhance the field of view (FOV). How that can be done varies from game to game. A list of general options in this regard is avalable in the Essential Hints Guide in the vorpX help.

For rFactor2 that is straight forward since it can be done directly in the game’s display options. The option is called “Vertical FOV”. A value around 90° should look right in the headset.

MystaMagoo
    Participant

IIRC you can find several rFactor 2 custom settings files done by other users in the Cloud Profiles section of the vorpX config app. Might be worth to check these out.

If the game (actually any game) looks zoomed in, you need to enhance the field of view (FOV). How that can be done varies from game to game. A list of general options in this regard is avalable in the Essential Hints Guide in the vorpX help.

For rFactor2 that is straight forward since it can be done directly in the game’s display options. The option is called “Vertical FOV”. A value around 90° should look right in the headset.

I’m talking rFactor not rFactor2 :)

NO 3D :(

TheIronWolf
    Participant

For headtracking you need to enable mouse look.

For “3D” you can try Geometry Mode (hit delete to open in game options for vorpx). I personally see no difference between either of modes, and running just Z Buffer mode. But I don’t see 3D in native games either, it might be my vision.

This might help a bit
    http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364828

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!