Rift init Failed

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Rift init Failed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BadServo
    Participant

Updated today and tried to check out cinema mode, but every title I launch, the Rift display goes dark momentarily, as if the game is loading, then I get dumped to the desktop with a message box that says something like “Rift init failed. VorpX will not work correctly. Check your HDMO and USB cables.” If I confirm the message, and ALT+TAB back to the game, it displays on the Rift, but the image is warped like I’m using an insane IPD setting. The VorpX menu will pop up, but is unreadable.

I’ve verified that everything is connected properly and that the Rift works with other applications. Any insight is appreciated. System details are below.

CPU: Intel 3770K
    Video: nVidia GeForce 780Ti
    RAM: 16GB
    Have attempted launching in both Direct and Extended modes.

Karlor
    Participant

Try making sure your Oculus sdk is up to date. That might fix it. I had a failure to start until I updated the sdk as well as vorpX.

BadServo
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, Karlor. Unfortunately, I was already using the 5.0.1 runtime when I tried this morning.

Tried a few other tweaks and troubleshooting things to no avail. Hopefully something will click into place when I get more time to futz with it tonight.

Karlor
    Participant

You could maybe try uninstalling then reinstalling vorpX. That might do it. Also I have had problems with nVidia experience interfering with vorpX. If you have something like that maybe try uninstalling it. Could your display setting for the rift in the system settings have gotten changed somehow? Anyway hope you can get it sorted.

BadServo
    Participant

Was finally able to get the cinema mode to work as intended. Not certain what eventually fixed it, but some combination of de-overclocking my primary monitor, physically disconnecting (not just disabling in display properties) my secondary monitor, shutting off nearly all background applications finally got it to stop giving my the “Rift Init” issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!