Rise of the Tomb Raider – 3D or not 3D

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Rise of the Tomb Raider – 3D or not 3D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does the official profile for Rise of the Tomb Raider provide any 3D option? I do not see any 3D option in the vorpx in-game menu, but I don’t know if this is my problem or it is supposed to be like that so far.

haints
    Participant

Does the official profile for Rise of the Tomb Raider provide any 3D option? I do not see any 3D option in the vorpx in-game menu, but I don’t know if this is my problem or it is supposed to be like that so far.

I think I tried it with Vorpx and was surprised that it didn’t seem to have any 3D mode .. which is strange because the game has a BUILT IN SBS 3D mode that works really, really well … you just can’t use it in Vorpx.

I ended up playing it in its native 3D mode using Virtual Desktop.

RJK_
    Participant

You could try one of my profiles from the cloud.
    -Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

dellrifter22
    Participant

I think you are meant to play RotTR in vorpX cinema/desktop with SBS enabled in game (game has native SBS 3D support as mentioned). I don’t think vorpX injects any of it’s own 3D methods for this game.

This means if the profile isn’t in SBS mode by default, you should change it to SBS from the vorpX game menu. Or try it through the vorpX desktop viewer with SBS.

Baktus
    Participant

I play RTR with venilla vorpx without any Profile in immersive screen mode and its best g3d. I dont tweak anything, and the game plays smooth and good with deep g3d. No bugs, just starting the vorpx driver without any profile.

But next time, i will give the cloud profiles a try too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I finally got the time to get back to this. Thanks, dellrifter22, it worked. I did not even know that vorpx has the SBS functionality within profiles. It looks great, despite the reduction in resolution due to SBS. RJK_, I may try your profiles later, thanks for the tip.

Baktus, are you sure? I don’t find any g3d or z3d option in the vanilla profile.

RJK_
    Participant

Which profile exactly were you are using for this ? As far i know vorpX does not provide SBS settings without a profile.

Baktus
    Participant

Ne sorry, ive played that months ago and in vanilla vorpx there is surly no g3d profil possible.

But tomb raider with vanilla vorpx without profile has in my eyes nearly perfekt 3 d, absolotly good as the g3d in profiled games like sw2, wow, dar souls…

i see no difference, but sorry for telling that was g3d.

Anonymous
    Inactive

RJK_, I use the official vorpx profile for this game. It has no 3D option as for other games, but there is an option to use SBS format.

Baktus, you are probably using the default official profile. The picture looks gorgeous, but I don’t think there is any 3D. Try the SBS option (first enable SBS in the game menu), see if you find any difference.

RJK_
    Participant

Andrewtsubaro- good to know, thanks for the info.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Just posting this here in case anyone comes looking.

If you get an error about “Steamvr crash init” when trying to launch RotTR with vorpX, roll your game back to an earlier game version in steam:

– Right click the game in steam for properties
    – go to Betas tab
    – choose a build (recommended 753.2)

After a quick update, vorpX should now hook fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!