Rise of the Tomb Raider

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Rise of the Tomb Raider

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rezq
    Participant

anyone get this running? Any tweaks I can use?

bakayoyo
    Participant

This can be run in stereoscopic mode in Desktop theater.

1. In configure VORPX ROTTR.exe needs to be added to the Excluded Programs, else it will try to do 3d reconstruction without a Side by side viewing option.

2. Enable steam overlay and Use desktop theater both need to be disabled in the steam options.

3. Tombraider options need to be set to fullscreen ON, exclusive fullscreen OFF, Enable Dx12 OFF, Stereoscopic 3D SBS.

4. Then after launching the game press DEL and in VORPX image settings set content type to SBS.

m.r.g.
    Participant

This can be run in stereoscopic mode in Desktop theater.

1. In configure VORPX ROTTR.exe needs to be added to the Excluded Programs, else it will try to do 3d reconstruction without a Side by side viewing option.

2. Enable steam overlay and Use desktop theater both need to be disabled in the steam options.

3. Tombraider options need to be set to fullscreen ON, exclusive fullscreen OFF, Enable Dx12 OFF, Stereoscopic 3D SBS.

4. Then after launching the game press DEL and in VORPX image settings set content type to SBS.

OR

– fire up VirtualDesktop
    – run game in SBS with DX12 bells and all whistles
    – done

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not really a good idea to run games through a desktop capture app for various reasons. Neither with the one vorpX provides nor with any other. Directly hooking into a game always is the better way. A native profile will be added with the next vorpX version.

BTW: The next vorpX version will add VR-surround-video (120°-360°) support with MPC-HC, VLC and the vorpX desktop viewer and also support for custom environments in cinema mode. For most users the usefulness of an extra desktop app will be *very* limited from that point on.

tarexmd
    Participant

How depressing… You mean to tell me ROTR doesn’t work in 360 3D Vorpx?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Where did you get that from? You can play it right now in 3D following the instructions by bakayoyo above. The next vorpX version also will come with a pre-made profile, which has some advantages over the method described above.

bubu4ever
    Participant

hello..

i have problems with the instructions, my english is too bad :-)

1. I have copy the tombraider(2013)-profil, set the Checkbox “keep game-specific options”. with this the game start in vorpx/rift (withou the SBS-Option in the image-settings-tab. But when i add the rottr.exe in the excluded programms, the game didn´t start in vorpx/rift.

2. In my Steam-Options i have disabled the three checkboxes, within the Steam-Overlay, Big-Picture and the desktop-theater. is that right!?

3. Tomb Raider Option are the same with the instruction

4. In the vorpx-settings i don´t have the option “Content-type”, see point 1

I hope my text is half-way right :-) and someone can help me!?

I use win7 with intel core i7, 32gb ram and a gtx970

greetings from germany, Patrick

bubu4ever
    Participant

P.S.

in 1. I have added the rottr.exe in my copied Profil, to start the game with vorpx/rift :-)

dborosev
    Participant

What is the purpose of using Vorpx with desktop theatre? What does vorpX bring to it? Can’t you just stream a sbs game through desktop theatre? thx.

Also, your instructions dont make sense. If you add the exe to the excluded list, vorpx won’t run, and therefore you can’t bring up the menu (del) to do anything.

dborosev
    Participant

Also, how are you running anything in “desktop theatre ” mode, when you say disable desktop theatre and steam overlay??

bakayoyo
    Participant

Sorry about the confusion, the first line of the instruction should read:

“This can be run in stereoscopic mode in Vorpx Desktop Viewer.”

The purpose of the instruction is to be able to play Rise of the Tombraider in Vorpx Desktop viewer in stereoscopic 3d.

It doesn’t run for me in Steam Desktop Theater. So that’s why you can disable that in the Steam settings, and also disable Steam overlay to avoid conflict with the Vorpx Desktop Viewer hot keys.

You need to exclude ROTTR.exe in Configure Vorpx to stop it from trying to do 3d reconstruction on the game. If it does that it won’t show the option for side-by-side viewing in the Vorpx Desktop Viewer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!