Risen 2 mouse not working in game 0.71 and DK2

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Risen 2 mouse not working in game 0.71 and DK2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bcozier
    Participant

Doesn’t matter if head tracking is on or off. No mouse look in game. Quit vorpx and mouse works in the game again. Too bad, because the S-3D effect in Risen 2 is very good.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll check this. When the profile was originally done it worked, but maybe something has changed in the meantime.

bcozier
    Participant

Let me add also, when I press DEL for the vorpx in game menu and the game is paused I can actually do some head tracking but limited to a 2D plane as if watching a theater screen. But in the game itself it is as if the mouse got disabled by vorpx, something like that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The behaviour with the menu open is the normal one, so tracker seems to be functioning.

Haven’t come around to test this yet, but one thing I forgot yesterday: in case you have a gamepad connected to your PC, you could try whether disonnecting it helps. Some games disable the mouse input when a gamepad is active, which also disables vorpX’s head tracking. Not sure ATM whether this is true for Risen 2.

bcozier
    Participant

When I get home I will certainly try, and it sounds hopeful since I do always have an Xbox controller plugged in and I suspect you are right. I will let you know later tonight.

bcozier
    Participant

Only one thing I just remembered, is that without vorpx the mouse works in Risen 2, even with the Xbox controller plugged in. However I will still try disconnecting and report back.

bcozier
    Participant

Ok I tried unplugging controller no luck, for some reason mouse control is broken in Risen 2 with vorpx.

first_emperor
    Participant

Same issue in Risen 3. Probably for Risen 1 too. My thoughts would be that even if you disable Gamepad emulation, the game still thinks it’s on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!