Road Redemption doesn’t hook

Homepage Forums Technical Support Road Redemption doesn’t hook

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    offall
    Participant

Hi there, I found the road redemption cloud profile (yes, i understand it is not on the office supported game list, but it’s quite old game, back in 2017, and definitely not using fancy dx12 etc, the cloud profile at least indicate someone has able to get into it) but when i start the game, vorpx doesn’t hook at all (latest vorpx), there is not even a vorpx dialog saying ‘Attaching to: RoadRedemption.exe’ at all.

is there a way i can do to force or manually hook it? I have read about hook helper and dll files? where can i find such a file and try?

Thanks

offall
    Participant

Ok, I solved it myself by get it attaching running vorpx in administrative mode

offall
    Participant

unfortunately confirming neither z-normal or z-adaptive or g3D works in the game, and the game always see HMD gaze as cursor, which is very annoying. Would love any clue to get g3D work in there

Smoils
    Participant

Use hook helper for rdr2 and cursor thing is known, only thing you can do when it appears is to press alt+c to switch it back off.

G3D is impossible in rdr2 since vorpx doesnt support it, while z3d is there, but not that noticeable.

JochenH
    Participant

What is “hook helper”? I have problem myself that some games dont hook and others do! So please explain how I can use “hook helper”!

Ralf
    Keymaster

When hooking into a game (that has a vorpX profile) fails, you should normally see a dialog that offers to install a hook helper to the game folder.

If things fail so severly that you don’t even see this dialog, please check the pinned trouble shooting post on top of this sub forum. Issues like that are usually caused by some annoying third party AV program. If you use anything else than Windows Defender, consider getting rid of it.

offall
    Participant

I found that 3dvision forum there is a fix supporting the game, it is called unity autofix, they support g3d perfectly apparently.

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/02/road-redemption.html

it it possible to apply the same in vorpx? @Ralf

Ogrescar
    Participant

Road Redemption is a unity game so it shouldn’t be too hard to find a profile that’s compatible, at least for Z3D. I tried running the game with the Batman Arkham Knight profile and while the G3D was broken, Z3D appeared to work okay (I say appeared because it’s hard to tell the difference beyond the game lobby).

offall
    Participant

I think you misunderstood. Currently i can get z-3D working in vorpx but the effect is almost zero.
    The unity patch for 3Dvision bring G3D as far as i can tell hence i am asking @Ralf is it possible to port it over.

Ogrescar
    Participant

The unity patch just fixes some common lighting and shadows problems. I’ve had zero luck with getting anything to work with helixmod, but that’s beside the point.

I uploaded a G3D Profile for the game. Maybe it’ll work for you – I didn’t spend much time on it but fixed the HUD and some shadows. It’s best to use cinema mode if you’re using a controller.

offall
    Participant

thanks @Ogrescar, yes your new profile works! I do see G3D, fantastic
    I can confirm the helixmod does work but it is not easy as you need to use right drivers and i would suggest use 3d fix mananger.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!