Rocket League bad performance

Homepage Forums Technical Support Rocket League bad performance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    markbradley1982
    Participant

In the past VorpX (October 2017) would automatically set itself for optimal performance for Rocket League. It would choose a 4:3 resolution (1600×1200 maybe?) and the game would run great.

Now it doesn’t seem to do that. I reformatted my PC early 2018 so I reinstalled Rocket League and the performance seemed bad, and VorpX didn’t auto adjust to an optimal resolution. I had to manually set everything myself.

I thought the new version of VorpX would auto adjust the resolution and things for most games even non Direct VR games. I could have sworn an older version of VorpX did that for Rocket League? Maybe it was just the default Rocket League settings I had at the time?

I also didn’t notice any usual VorpX hints either this time around even though “did you know?” hints are enabled in the vorpx configuration.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no auto resolution feature for Rocket League, also no specific hints. Both have to be done on a game to basis. As long as Geometry 3D is available the profile for the game is loaded correctly.

You should see decent performance with the game though considering that it doesn’t have cutting edge graphics. Two things you could try is making sure that antialiasing and v-sync are forced off via your graphics driver control panel to check whether one of them has an impact on performance. Also make sure not to use an outdated vorpX version, especially on Windows 10 that is important.

markbradley1982
    Participant

There is no auto resolution feature for Rocket League, also no specific hints. Both have to be done on a game to basis. As long as Geometry 3D is available the profile for the game is loaded correctly.

You should see decent performance with the game though considering that it doesn’t have cutting edge graphics. Two things you could try is making sure that antialiasing and v-sync are forced off via your graphics driver control panel to check whether one of them has an impact on performance. Also make sure not to use an outdated vorpX version, especially on Windows 10 that is important.

Ah then it indeed must have just been the defaults that Rocket League was set to last year that seemed so good. Thanks again for noting that Ralf.

Performance is fine now thankfully even with anti aliasing on though it doesn’t seem to do much. I can also super sample fine without performance issues. I’m running on a non TI 1080 and vsync is off.

The image isn’t as clear as I remember it being (nor as clear as Direct VR games or native VR games) though I managed to improve it significantly by disabling bloom and depth of field which really is only beneficial for non stereoscopic screens. Is there an ideal resolution I should use? I tried 1600×1200 and 1920×1440 and both result in noticeable aliasing that I can’t seem to get rid of that is most visible in arenas like the barn arena where there are lots of white lines on the ground. These white lines become very aliased and ugly. Maybe I just didn’t notice it last time?

The immersive screen is amazing for this game.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!