Rocket League – black screen

Homepage Forums Technical Support Rocket League – black screen

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rgp22@cornell.edu
    Participant

I just got vorpx and am trying to use my quest along with streaming through virtual desktop. I have the vorpx version of the cloud file for rocket league installed and can get it to hook – I see the watermark through virtual desktop. When I switch to steam vr in virtual desktop all I see is black. Can someone please help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

First please try to use Oculus Link instead of Virtual Desktop. let me know if the issue still occurs afterwards. it probably won’t.

Using VD with vorpX is a bit counterintuitive and more finnicky than Oculus Link. You would have to set vorpX to SteamVR in the vorpX config app. VD only captures SteamVR, not the native Oculus runtime.

rgp22@cornell.edu
    Participant

I was able to get the game to run using link but did not have audio. Use built in audio device is check in general settings.

For virtual desktop I had general settings set to steam VR (before changing it just now to try link) was there another spot I was supposed to change that?

Ralf
    Keymaster

in addition to that you will have to switch to SteamVR in Virtual Desktop, just like you would when you play a native SteamVR game with VD.

rgp22@cornell.edu
    Participant

Any ideas on how to fix the audio with link? Thanks for all the help so far!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not really, but as a workaround you can disable the ‘Use built in audio device’ checkbox and either use your desktop audio or try to let the Oculus software handle it. The latter might or might work though.

rgp22@cornell.edu
    Participant

Nevermind I figured it out- just had to change my audio device on pc. Doh!

Still would like to figure out how to get VD working but I can work with link for now. I saw some other posts where ppl had to add games as a vr game in steam but Im not too sure how I would do that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

IIRC there should be a button somewhere in Virtual Desktop that switches from desktop capturing to SteamVR capturing.

Link is the better option anyway though since it adds less latency than VD.

rgp22@cornell.edu
    Participant

Yea its when i switch to steam vr capture that it would turn black. I think they were adding it their steam libraries as a VR game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t even know what that means TBH, it definitely should not be necessary.

rgp22@cornell.edu
    Participant

Alright thanks a lot for all the help. I dont actually own the link cable but I am using a generic usb C cable I hope thatll work well enough. The link cable is kinda pricey.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You should be good. I think the only real advantage of the official Link cable is its length. Since it’s an optical cable it can be longer than an USB3 cable should be according to USB specs.

rustyshackleford
    Participant

when i tried to use vorpx with quest 2 via wireless virtual desktop the head tracking was jittery.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!