Rocket League: oculus touch conflicting with xbox controller

Homepage Forums Technical Support Rocket League: oculus touch conflicting with xbox controller

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    markbradley1982
    Participant

I just started using the Oculus Quest2 with VorpX via Virtual Desktop wifi streaming. Before I used the Vive and when I played VorpX games where I needed the Xbox One gamepad, I would just turn them off the Vive wands. No fuss.

Well the situation seems slightly more complicated with the Quest2.

Like before the Xbox One controlled works and it works like a normal xbox one controller ingame complete with vibration UNLESS I dare bump the Ouculus Touch controllers. Then the native xbox support goes away and instead my Xbox One controller falls back to some sort of crappy keyboard / mouse emulation mode.

I know this is happening because vibration function goes away, my mapping is wildly different, and controls are suddenly horrible and the game is unplayable.

Some things I did to troubleshoot:

1. I disabled gamepad emulation mode for the Touch Controllers in virtual desktop

2. I disabled touch controller functionality within VorpX

3. I disabled VorpX from using any of my xbox controller buttons.

4. Gamepad Controller “takeover” functionality in VorpX is set to “Off”.

Even with all of the above, as son as I move my touch controllers, my Xbox controller no longer has native access to Rocket League and has its controls rebound.

Any idea how I can fix this without having to pull batteries out? Is there a way to turn off the Oculus Touch controllers?

I am running VorpX 21.3.1 in SteamVR mode (I haven’t tried Oculus mode yet)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not entirely sure what you mean under 4., but if I understood the rest of post correctly, you should be able to prevent this by either turning the Touch controllers off in the vorpX menu or switching them to gamepad mode. Per default they are set to emulate mouse/keyboard.

markbradley1982
    Participant

The problem was that the Oculus Touch controllers were off in the VorpX menu, and I would still have the issue I described above if I move them. As soon as they moved, my xbox controller switched to mouse/keyboard emulation mode instead of native xbox input with rumble.

Number 4 is the menu option which sets the behavior of vorpx on how it takes control of the xbox controller. I don’t remember exactly what’s it called in the vorpx menu, but the options were: hidden, partial, and full over-ride of the gamepad controller.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds weird, but if turning them off doesn’t work for some reason, set them to gamepad mode instead. Unless the ‘X-Box Gamepad Override’ (the 4. from your original post) is on at the same time that way the Touch controllers emulate native gamepad input.

markbradley1982
    Participant

If I set the Oculus Touch controllers to “gamepad” mode, which X-box gamepad override setting should I use to ensure my Xbox acts as the dominant gamepad?

The Oculus Touch issue I described where if I move or bump them in anyway causes my Xbox gamepad to go from native Xbox mode to keyboard/mouse emulation mode also seems to happen in Final Fantasy 7 Remake which otherwise runs quite perfectly and feels like it was designed as a stereoscopic 3D game. Z-normal is underrated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There isn‘t really anything like a dominant gamepad. If you want to ensure that the VR controller gamepad emulation is processed by the game as native gamepad input, the override has to be set so off, just like with a regular gamepad.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Setting Gamepad override to off and setting the Oculus Touch controllers as gamepad has fixed the issue I noted in OP. Thanks for great support Ralf!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!