Rocket league unplayable since update

Homepage Forums Technical Support Rocket league unplayable since update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    buckjohnston
    Participant

With the new update I can’t play properly anymore because the ball has double vision going on. I usually use the profile called high fov on the vorpx cloud profile and it’s been fine for a year and a half.

Is there any way to revert to old version of vorpx in the meantime?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No changes whatsoever to the Rocket League profile. There was another report regarding an outline around the ball two or three weeks ago though. If such glitches appear seemingly out of nowhere it’s typically a game update that breaks shader definitions. Not sure whether I would call something like that ‘unplayable’ :), but I’ll take a look at it.

Please also always try the official profile with default settings if you suddenly encounter a glitch that didn’t exist beore, just in case the glitch is somehow triggered by the custom settings you are using.

buckjohnston
    Participant

So I just copied back an old version of vorpx and turned off autoupdate to test this and it’s working again, So I don’t think it’s the game.

The ball has the same double vision ball outline and old version yes, but the issue is with the new vorpx the double vision outline is completely filled with color so you can’t see anything at all. Hard to explain.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Without having tried yet my guess would be that you restored the settings to default by reverting, but of course I can’t be sure. Might be worth a shot to uninstall vorpX entirely (you can keep the license information when the uninstaller asks about it) and then reinstall the latest version. That ensures that everything is at default with the newest version.

So far just a guess though, of course. As said above I’ll take a look at it and let you know.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t replicate your issue here, neither with default settings nor with the ‘High FOV’ user settings from the cloud. The screenshot below is vorpX 19.2.2.1 with the ‘High FOV’ user preset. Looks perfectly fine to me, nothing glitchy around the ball at all as far as I can tell.

Please try a factory reset (config app > trouble shooting), also set all game options to default and remove any mods you may be using.

Can’t really recommend anything else without being able to replicate the issue.

buckjohnston
    Participant

I have no idea why but it seem to be working now. I wonder if there is a specific map that’s it’s doing it on now. Maybe there is a game update afterall hmm. Thank you

buckjohnston
    Participant

Btw wanted to add it seems like the focal distance on the default vorpx profile is off. If you look at the squares on the ground in the home environent under the screen then set it to -0.06 then the squares converge at the exact distance the grass would be. Just wanted to let you know.

Also I would love to be able to “unlock positional tracking” option in the home environment rather than only immersive screen mode. Not sure if this would ever be done in the future.

buckjohnston
    Participant

Last thing, it seems like focal offset is what gives the double vision UI around the ball, but the default focal offset in the vorpx profile doesn’t seem optimal. Needs to be more around -0.06 to -0.08 to match the surrounding home environment I believe.

Luckily I havent encountered the filled double vision to the extent that was happening last night, it was filled with color in addition to the typical UI ring around the ball, but I’d recommend updating default profile focal distance. It’s worth the trade off of the double ring

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!