room scale

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    james002
    Participant

can we play far cry 3 with roomscale on oculus rift??

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

No, that is way beyond the possibilities of Vorpx. You’d need total rework of the game mechanics for that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s possible to ‘walk’ one or two steps in many games with Geometry 3D support. Not really roomscale, but there is positional tracking in many G3D games that allows for a little bit of movement.

Some games with positional Direct VR support (direct manipulation of a game’s camera) also allow a bit more than that, which could be called ‘basic roomscale’.

Far Cry 3 belongs to neither of these categories though unfortunately.

james002
    Participant

What does geomatry 3d do?
    and what does headtracking positional do??

Ralf
    Keymaster

Geometry 3D creates the stereo 3D effect through rendering the scene twice, just like native VR apps do. In addition to that vorpX also has a different 3D creation method called Z-Buffer 3D, which doesn’t look as good, but instead is a lot faster.

Positional tracking means that your headset’s position in space is translated into camera movement in the game.

grumdark
    Participant

Could there be any way to fix/paste the model for the arms/weapons along with our positioning in space for some first person games?
    To avoid, that when we take steps walking in our room, these remain static in the default position.

I guess getting this, it must be really difficult, and I do not know if it would also lead to other problems.
    It’s just an idea that probably many have thought of before, although I’m curious.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!