Rust players need a config , extended dosent work

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Rust players need a config , extended dosent work

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    thebigthriller
    Participant

I keep seeing advice telling us to set rift to extended mode to get it to work.
    The rift dosent work in extended mode from what ive read, how do I get Rust to work with vorpx?
    I bought vorpx and a oculus rift dev kit 2 to play Rust, Rust is the only game I care about.
    Has anyone got Rust to work? and if so do you have a description of what you did to get it working?
    If someone solves this problem for me and I get it working I will get you a 20.00 steam card the minute I can play Rust on my DK2.
    Please help me!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Extended mode is required by vorpX, it does not work in direct mode. If you have the 0.6.0 Oculus runtime installed, please roll back to 0.5.1.

You have two options to use vorpX:

A. The convenient one (works with most games)

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as SECONDARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Show on DK2″ display wise in the vorpX config app.

B. The compatible one

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as PRIMARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise in the vorpX config app.

It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows. It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows.

For a more detailed guide including screenshots please check the DK2 setup guide that comes with vorpX.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!