S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC on Pimax 8k

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC on Pimax 8k

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    v2Vr
    Participant

After much experimentation I was able to get S.t.a.l.k.e.r. Shadow of Chernobyl working very well in my Pimax 8k, since I have been a fan of this game for some time playing flat i felt yesterday it was, for me a gaming dream come true. Once GEO 3d was working with a suitable format and acceptable frame rates with head tracking smooth as real life turning. Scaling was awesome and I would rank it up there with SkyrimVR or Fallout 4VR in that regard. I really enjoyed just looking at the ground terrain, buildings details etc.,(never realized there where so many hills in the game). I would recommend trying this using vorpx if your interested in fps with mystery and atmoshere and story, since we are very limited at the present time in that area of VR content. Thanks VorpX!

steph12
    Participant

thanks for your feedback :)

i didnt try stalker yet and i also played this game on flat screen years ago and it’s such an amazing experience, did you play the whole game from start to finish in VR with vorpx ?

v2Vr
    Participant

thanks for the question and kind comment steph12. When considering your question I really had to think back. Like you I also feel this game is such an amazing experience vr or no vr. Nothing as good in this area and obviously there has been much love for this game as it has been used as inspiration in so many other newer games and mods. But S.T.A.L.K.E.R SOC is the best and the source of everything to follow.
    In answer to your question no I have not completed in VR using vorpx. A long time ago I tried playing it on the Vive and never was satisfied with the result may have had settings off or something. Now I hope to play it through completely in VR using Vorpx. Every thing is great so far accept a small problem with micro stutter where the entire frame shifts on the microscopic level. Hope to get a fix somehow for this one and only issue.

steph12
    Participant

i’ll really have to try playing stalker soc someday with vorpx then :D

v2Vr
    Participant

Just to add i have completed the Lab x18 mission and have dropped of the documents to the barkeep. So i’m pretty far into the game and with current settings not experiencing any crashing using Vorpx and my settings. GOG version with Complete mod and my own game data tweaks and Vorpx settings. One of the best experiences i’ve had in gaming this way. Just to add noticed this morning when I look at a truck for example in game it looks life size as well as building size and dimensions look real with geo3d it nice because when i look up all I see is sky and when I look down only ground textures no box’s, no room or stary sceen only game, not that that the others are bad if you only can use them better than nothing but geo3d is the way to go if you can and want to be entirely in the game world.

v2Vr
    Participant

If someone decides to try this game using vorpx after what I have written here, I would be glad to help with settings or other things given my limited knowledge it took a while and i seem to always have the best luck when I just experiment with settings there are some critical things you would want to know however so your experience isn’t a complete failure just let me know if you need some help getting started. I don’t frequent this forum but I may check now and again since as you can see for me to type this much on a forum I’m pretty happy about my recent experience using Vorpx with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. To have such a good gaming experience with this old almost antique artifact, it really is quite unbelievable. Who would have thought?

haints
    Participant

Played this with the Redux mod (best mod ever made) back in the day and it remains one of my favorite all time gaming experiences.

v2Vr
    Participant

Thats a hardcore mod, definitely not for a beginner, you must have put much time in the game to play at that level. I wouldn’t advise anyone new to the game who wants to see the story through to the end to attempt using such a mod no way. I’m glad you had such a great experience using the mod. If you try this game using vorpx please let me know, I would be interested in hearing an others experience with this game in VR.
    I suggest vanilla for first timers or better yet the vanilla with complete mod especially with the difficulty of running in VR with VorpX.
    I have found many mods also seem to not work well using vorpx for this game. Unfortunately the lighting has to be set to static for some reason the shadows and light cause severe ghosting and misalignment and especially as I play fully maxed out Fov enhancement vorpx setting, makes the game dimensions truer to real life, amazing I felt I was standing next to a train in my living room yesterday and the tank dimension is huge this is truly amazing sorry for carrying on but its somewhat mind blowing for me still to game like this.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a little heads-up for all S.T.A.L.K.E.R players that DX9/static lighting is required to be set in the game options for G3D. Dynamic lighting causes severe glitches with moving objects (e.g. doors).

I added a better message in that regard for the next update, wasn’t exactly clear until now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!