SamsungOdyssey+ recommended resolution for HalfLife2

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion SamsungOdyssey+ recommended resolution for HalfLife2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    FrostWarrior
    Participant

I am trying to get best visual quality settings for Half Life 2 on my Samsung Odyssey+ HMD my I have a Nivida RTX 2070 and my monitor is 1080p but I dont know whats the best custom resolution for the Odyssey+ can anyone please help?
    Thanks in advance

Ralf
    Keymaster

As high as your PC allows without losing too much performance. Higher game resolutions are vorpX’s equivalent of supersampling for native apps, so the higher the better. 1680p is roughly 1:1 pixel mapping for an Odyssey+, resolutions above are supersampled.

Source Engine caveat: a 4:3 aspect ratio is not only recommended but mandarory in this case to avoid FOV flicker.

BTW: If you haven’t done so already, check the ‘Custom Resolutions’ section of the help. It explains how to add resolutions that your monitor does not support normally.

FrostWarrior
    Participant

Thanks Ralf the only problem with custom resolution is that I cant seem to get it to display to the HMD can you explain how this is done?

moadepth
    Participant

Hi, did you take a look into the VorpX ingame menu(press del) theres maybe an option which overrides the game settings .You can turn it off or adjust the resolution settings and leave it to VorpX. This seems only available with DirectVR games but maybe your case ?

FrostWarrior
    Participant

I will try that Thanks

moadepth
    Participant

Remember to save it in Vorpx and restart the game

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ FrostWarrior: I’m not really sure whether I understand the issue. If you created a custom resolution of, let’s say 2240×1680, and select this resolution in the Half-Life 2 video options, you are set.

All you need to do is making the game run with your added custom resolution. In case of Half-Life 2 that has to be done in the game options.

In other supported games you can do do it from the vorpX menu, which is what moadepht is refering to. Doesn’t work for HL2 though.

FrostWarrior
    Participant

Hi Ralph finally I understand now I wasnt using the Half-Life 2 video options I have now and its working now Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!