SBS Stero without Virtual Game Room?

Homepage Forums Technical Support SBS Stero without Virtual Game Room?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    no1453
    Participant

I started up Rise of the Tomb Raider, and switched it into 3D stereoscopic mode. The image on my monitor is SBS. When I start vorpX, it automatically went into Virtual Game Room mode, with the image in my Vive being 3D now. Great!
    But if I turn off the virtual game room mode, and go to image settings, there is a setting allowing you to choose “content type”, and SBS is one of the options. But as soon as I turn off Virtual Game Room, the image in the Vive changes to a splitscreen SBS. Changing the setting to SBS does nothing. The image remains a copy of the splitscreen on the monitor, it does not turn it into a stereo image.

So, is this a bug, or just something I don’t understand? Any info appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since the game is third person, it doesn’t make too much sense to play it in full VR, but I will implement a special S3D game mode for the next vorpX version for such (rare) cases. Currently it’s just the video player mode applied to a game, hence no full VR.

For now you can get quite close to what you have in mind by following the steps below:

1. Switch the cinema scene to “None” or “Ambience” depending on what you like more.
    2. Move the virtual screen closer to you so that it almost fills your entire view.

no1453
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve only had vorpX for a week, so I’ve been trying out all the settings. It’s quite a detailed program. Little bit of a learning curve, but worth it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!