Screen stays Black, no display

Homepage Forums Technical Support Screen stays Black, no display

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    V0iD
    Participant

I have the weirdest problem ever. I used vorpx for a few days to watch videos and play Far Cry 3 without problems (except the hooking prob in 64bit MPC). But since yesterday there’s nothing displayed in the DK2 except the Health Warning at the Start! Everything is clearly getting hooked, the Blue Light is turned on and the Health Warning is shown. But nothing else! And it doesn’t matter if videos or games, it just stays black. It’s driving me crazy because I know this is hard to believe. I had absolutely NO system changes (Win7 64bit, Geforce 970 latest Drivers) and the DK2 works fine with everything else (Demo Scene, other Stuff). I’m totally stumped here…please help anybody!

BigPickles
    Participant

i have the same problem only im on win10 64bit Geforce 760 latest drivers

Ralf
    Keymaster

Odd issue, expecially since the Health Warning is showing. Can’t suggest anything specific unfortunately. Just things you might already have tried: Reboot, switching between runtime 0.7/0.8, trying another display driver, restoring a Windows system restore point from before the issue started to occur.

BTW: A Geforce 760 may be a bit too slow for many newer games with the latest vorpX version. Oculus recommends a GTX 970 class GPU for the Rift. Has nothing to do with the issue, just thought it was worth mentioning.

BigPickles
    Participant

i know its a old gpu but before i had no problems ive had the set up for 6 months no issues then update and then it all went down from there oh well thanks for the quick response

V0iD
    Participant

Update:

It’s finally working again after re-installing Vorpx again (I chose to even keep the registry entries).
    Before that I really tried everything else, updated to NVIDIA 158.78, installed Runtime 0.8. So if anybody has the same issues, try a re-install (though I still don’t know why in first place).

BigPickles
    Participant

yep fixed for me too i removed oculus runtimes and vorpx and started fresh games work but i still cant get the menu up in vlc or mpc to work but im happy just have to save up for a new pc to make this all run a bit better

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!