Screen tilt down

Homepage Forums Technical Support Screen tilt down

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Smoils
    Participant

People usually sit in chairs and its comfy to look up in a chair or maybe you want to watch a movie/play a game lying down in bed. Tilting screen is nice, but why is it limited to only up?

In some games or using desktop viewer for drawing having screen on your pc table is nice, I know from using vr desktop it can be useful.

What I dont know and fail to think of reason is why doesnt setting not allow 360 movement of screen view.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Guess I didn’t really consider that someone might use vorpX lying on their belly. There’s something to learn every day, even after seven years… :).

The code is shared between cinema and immersive mode and since for cinema mode a negative tilt would make the screen disappear into the floor that is not allowed. I’ll put negative tilt for immersive screen mode on the nice-to-have list, but don’t expect that to be treated with super high priority.

SuMaSLo
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know that I second this.
    I am a relativly new user and that is one of the first things that I noticed I want to do to ease stress on my neck, but sadly couldn’t.

rustyshackleford
    Participant

also would be nice to have edge peak be aligned with your head. If im playing in a reclined chair and I need to use edge peak, I then need to move my chair out of the reclined postition. Or if im laying in bead.

Minabe
    Participant

This, found the recent feature not that long ago but was dissapointed it only let “up”. Great to find this topic so i don’t need to make one.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Implemeneted the negative tilt today. To my own surprise there already were two distinct screen pitch settings for cinema/immersive mode, so I actually just had to change the allowed minimum for the immersive mode setting. If only everything was that simple.

@ rustyshackleford: I assume you mean FullVR EdgePeek? That’s locked vertically on purpose, which is more comfortable when playing in a ‘normal’ upright position. There will be a new setting in the next vorpX version however that makes it use the initial vertical head rotation when you press the EdgePeek button, I think that’s what you want. Will be called ‘Lock EdgePeek To Horizon’. For your use case you will have to set that to ‘False’.

Minabe
    Participant

You probably were thinking ahead when creating the modes Ralf, nice one!

c0ntr4d1ct10n
    Participant

Would it be possible to be able to have a setting that allows the full tilt to the ceiling when I’m lying down in the full-vr mode? Like if I want to watch.. certain vr movies in bed..

rustyshackleford
    Participant

@ rustyshackleford: I assume you mean FullVR EdgePeek? That’s locked vertically on purpose, which is more comfortable when playing in a ‘normal’ upright position. There will be a new setting in the next vorpX version however that makes it use the initial vertical head rotation when you press the EdgePeek button, I think that’s what you want. Will be called ‘Lock EdgePeek To Horizon’. For your use case you will have to set that to ‘False’.

Awesome thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!