Sea of thieves?? anyone succeed in getting it to work?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Sea of thieves?? anyone succeed in getting it to work?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    edo
    Participant

Its unreal engine but the Microsoft store security and permissions on the executable are so convoluted i haven’t been able to try any of the usual unreal profiles. Anyone else with success?

It is essentially a a beautiful first person sailing simulator with pvp pirates and treasure hunting so it might be great in vr.

JacobSinger
    Participant

Has this been re-visited at all? I’d love to play this in VR.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Microsoft Store games are protected against hooking into them. Unless the game is released as a regular Windows game at some point (e.g. via Steam), don’t count on vorpX support.

rtoast
    Participant

Microsoft Store games are protected against hooking into them. Unless the game is released as a regular Windows game at some point (e.g. via Steam), don’t count on vorpX support.

Awe that’s a bummer to hear, i was getting my hopes up forState of Decay 2 support at some point :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not much that can be done in this regard, I fear. Once the next version is out, I will invest some time to evaluate whether there maybe is some semi-official way to hook Microsoft Store games, but don’t hold your breath for it.

Bausfight
    Participant

I’d really like this as well. It begs for VR.

elliotttate
    Participant

It’s interesting that the developers said that they used VorpX to try VR out to see if it native VR would work: https://www.techradar.com/news/no-virtual-reality-on-the-horizon-for-sea-of-thieves

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nice find. Now they just have to release the game without the Microsoft Store protection and we can check for ourselves…

mrbrock
    Participant

I’ve noticed some windows store games getting hooked by vorpx recently, is this one still impossible? I’ve been using a jank virtual desktop and opentrack setup to play this in my headset but it would be nice to have 3d.

dborosev
    Participant

It was too intense so they “put that to bed real quick”? Ugh they should be shot.

mrbrock
    Participant

It is pretty intense, swimming across open water gets my heart rate up expecting a shark but honestly its some of the coolest gaming I’ve played in my headset and its 2d with garbage tracking that I’ve jury rigged in.

mrbrock
    Participant

I’ve figured out how to properly use cinema mode and switch it into full vr mode so I’ve been playing sea of thieves in that lately.

GaRv3
    Participant

So some progress here?

dbarciela
    Participant

I think it will release in steam this week

ka0us
    Participant

Yes, it does work, I can confirm. Just use TyrelWood profile and you’re golden.
    However, after playing for a while, some visual glitches may appear on the left side of the screen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!