SEA of THIEVES is now available on Steam

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings SEA of THIEVES is now available on Steam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tyriel Wood
    Participant

SOT is now available on steam, so it means so more weird microsoft store protection :P it runs on Unreal engine, anyone had any luck? I’m installing it right now

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

I tried bioshock infinite for now, but no luck for 3d,

dellrifter22
    Participant

Bioshock Infinite runs on the older Unreal 3, Sea of Thieves looks to run on Unreal 4.

Try a few other profiles based on Unreal 4, like Hellblade or Conarium.

Check RJK’s handy engine list here for a more complete list.

I’m glad to hear you can at least hook the game with vorpX. I’ve added it now to my wish list. Let us know if you find a working 3D. Thanks, and keep up the great work with your channel – my go to for vr tech.

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

thanks man! I’ll try those right now and let you know!!

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

the servers are not working right now :S

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

ok I tried both, with the hellblade profile we can get some 3d with geometry, but one screen gets different colors from the other, Conarium instead doesn’t give any 3D. So well, I guess I’m stuck now :S

zig11727
    Participant

@Tyirel Wood

Try Borderlands 3, Conan exile, Darksiders 3, Halo master chief collection ,Remnant and Star Wars Jedi Fallon Order.

To the best of my knowledge all the games above are Unreal 4 engine which is the same as Sea of Thieves.

Rivas10
    Participant

Played 90 minutes with Borderlands 3 profile, Z-adaptative, with immersive mode and some little tweeks in vorpx menu ( reducing 3d strenght, near-far range, improving sharpening…). This game has jitter issues with headtracking, than, I recommend to use low HT sensibility (~15) and start the game with an ultrawide resolution (3440 x 1440 or 5160 x 1440): this will avoid HT´s mouse emulation jitter at the same time that provides a large image, reducing the necessity for high HT sensibility.

dborosev
    Participant

You played online without any issues?

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

I actually tried the Conan exile profile and it works like a charm with Geometry! the only thing missing is the Full VR, that it would make everything perfect, I suggest to deactivate the FPS lock in the settings, I’m running it at High settings above 70 frame per second with geometry. It’s unbelievable, it seems made for VR. I’m not very good with the various settings, so I had to zoom out a little too much, but the 3d distance is perfect. I’ll put it online if you want to check it out!

Rivas10
    Participant

You played online without any issues?

Yeah, no problem at all

Rivas10
    Participant

I actually tried the Conan exile profile and it works like a charm with Geometry! the only thing missing is the Full VR, that it would make everything perfect, I suggest to deactivate the FPS lock in the settings, I’m running it at High settings above 70 frame per second with geometry. It’s unbelievable, it seems made for VR. I’m not very good with the various settings, so I had to zoom out a little too much, but the 3d distance is perfect. I’ll put it online if you want to check it out!

Thank you! Downloaded it! Now i´m looking a way to increase FOV… running the game with ultrawide resolution helps a little bit…

dellrifter22
    Participant

If by chance Sea of Thieves is structured the same as other Unreal 4 games, you could try adding the below for an FOV increase:

Open (or create if does not exist) Engine.ini found in C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\(Sea of Thieves)\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Add at the bottom and save:

[/Script/Engine.LocalPlayer]
    AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

what’s the way to add Full VR? is it something we can try?

Rivas10
    Participant

If by chance Sea of Thieves is structured the same as other Unreal 4 games, you could try adding the below for an FOV increase:

Open (or create if does not exist) Engine.ini found in C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\(Sea of Thieves)\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Add at the bottom and save:

[/Script/Engine.LocalPlayer]
    AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Hey, this trick worked! I don´t know exactly the FOV value now at 5160×1440, but definitely it´s better than before with this tweak in engine.ini (C:\Users\(your user)\AppData\Local\Athena\Saved\Config\WindowsClient)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!